Thread: 1966 Red 109" Series IIA NADA SW #318 - SOLD

thumb-up 1966 Red 109" Series IIA NADA SW #318 - SOLD

Moving to the UK soon, want to try to sell my Land Rover before I take off, or else I'll drive it back up to Oregon for storage.

This used to be owned by a guy up in Washington state, then was sold to my father in 1995, where it served as a farm vehicle up in the high desert of central Oregon. I took over it after we sold the farm in 2005 and drove it down to Berkeley, CA where it has been living since.

Has a straight 6 chevy 250 engine with a rochester monojet carburetor in it. Fairey overdrive installed, Salisbury rear diff, upgraded windshield wiper motor, some newly installed dash gauges, and a bunch of manuals and extra parts/fluids/tools including a brand new carburetor (holley). There is an extra fan in front of the radiator that is operated by a dash switch to aid in cooling, too.

There's some rust in the usual places, some on the firewall, and the original red paint is a bit chippy, the springs are old and there's a tiny dent in the chassis from the spring hitting it. I'll have more detailed pictures soon. Cosmetically, she could use some work, interior parts are old and ragged, paneling/rubber is coming off at parts, and the channels for the windows are rusty. The front seats have been recently upholstered, but the rear seats could use some work. Back step rusted off as well, she's definitely old, but not horribly rusty. Also one of the front parking light bulbs is dead, I bought the wrong replacement. All the rest of the brake/tail and signal lights are new.

Mechanically she runs fine, can hit 55-60 on the freeway, but can be a bit loud. Just had major service done at West Coast British in Livermore and can provide the details of that service. Has a small leak in the muffler, drive shaft U-joints are a bit worn, but she starts right up and drives well. Have taken her on long road trips up and down the coast. Fairly new tires with good tread. Recent maintenance by myself or others includes new distributor points & condenser, new spark plugs, new hub caps, new bearings/seal in rear wheel, carb and engine tuning, new fuel filter, and the major service at WCB.

I had planned to upgrade a lot on the truck, but am moving, so I will either sell you the extra parts (4bbl holley carb, offenhauser 4bbl intake manifold, spacer/riser, front shoulder seat-belts, hella lights, and more) or sell them via craigslist/ebay if you are not interested.

I'll have more information/pictures available very soon, please pm/email me with questions or if you are interested, thanks!

price?

Default Update, pics, and price

Sorry for the delay folks. Had a pending sale, but he decided to go with an 88. I have uploaded a bunch of photos and have a few things to add as well a price.

I spent several hours washing, cleaning, and vacuuming the interior and exterior and also want to update on a few things that I didn't include in my first post. The speedometer is inaccurate and doesn't reflect the correct speed. It is a sort of ratio to the real speed which I have just become accustomed to at this point. I have the canvas material to perform the re-upholstery of the back seats just like I did the front. I'm not sure if this is standard with other rovers, but mine takes about 3-5m to warm up before I drive it. It can be driven right off the start, but it can lug a bit and won't perform as well.

I had the mechanic at west coast british take a look at the rover and he said I should sell for $6-8,000. Originally paid $8,000 for it and have put almost $6,000 into it. I have all the records and can send you scans/photos of them if you would like.

$5250 is what I originally told people who pm'd me, but I'm going to lower that to $4900 now to sell it quickly. I think that is a great price all things considered, but if you think that is too much and want to make a lower offer I'm all ears. Clean title, truck lives in Berkeley, CA, zip is 94702.

Image gallery with 54 pics. Higher resolution available, just pm me. Also please don't hesitate to ask for more photos if I have missed something or haven't included what you want to see. This was the vehicle I learned to drive on and my first car, just want to find it a new home. PM me if you need additional information or want to give me a call.

thanks
    alex

Default Price drop!

Dropping price to $3500. Please see this ebay classifieds page for latest info.

thanks
    alex

pending sale with a local gent who is offering me $3,000 for just the rover, have until friday to decide...

I've seen alot worse sell for alot more.

PM Sent.

Kevin
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
    90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
    72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08

On my way to look at it, See you on Monday!
    Kevin

04 XJ8
    92 RRC
    02 Benz E320

95 RRC (sold 5/10)
    72 Series 3 (sold 4/10)
    70 Series 2A (sold 6/10)
    Morgan +8 (sold 8/09)
    90 Jetta (308k miles) (sold 5/11)
    72 Triumph Stag (sold 1/08

Default SOLD

Sold!