Thread: Series Rear Lift Gate

Default Series Rear Lift Gate

I am in the process of stripping and preparing to remount my hard top with the tail gate and rear lift gate. Previously it had the full size rear door. Hi have found a used gate that is in great shape and I have been assembling the hardware.
    My question is would any one have some photos of how all of the mounting hardware comes together?
    Most of what I can find are illustrations of the various parts, but not assembled.
    Thanks in advance!

My gray rover has it exactly as it should be and I have pics. What do you need pics of specifically?

I would like to see how the hinges and hinge holders attach. As well I need to figure out the side locking rods - the peice that they go into when closed to hold the gate.
    Thanks

Here are two exploded views to show where the parts should go.

These illustrations show the later type support strut. The early strut has thumb screws to tighten in the open position. I have the early style and can supply photos, however mine is presently disassembled.

Regards,
    Tom P.
    1965 exMoD 109
    1995 RRC LWB w/EAS

This helps alot Tim. What I am having trouble visualising are the two parts that the hinges hang from and where they attach. However these are the best illustrations I have seen so far.
    Thanks
    Glen

hmm this may be the best pic I have at the moment...

found one more...don't know if these will help. I may be seeing the truck this weekend so I'll take more pics if you still need them

By bostonian1976, shot with W810i at 2007-08-24
    Last edited by Bostonian1976; 08-24-2007 at 05:04 PM.

thumb-up

Bostonian, these shots are perfect! Shows me I still have a few bits that I still need to collect, like the peices that the hold up rods conect to when holding it open.
    Is your weather stripping original Land Rover or just a profile that works?

Which leads to another question regarding side windows, replace all the tracks, or pull everything out and install a new fixed, non opening style. Any experience or suggestions?

that truck is exactly the way it left the factory minus rear crossmember so it shpuld be good reference. I haven't used the fixed windows yet but i could see it potentially being stuffy. Did some window seals today - not a ton of fun. I am installing a new trop top with sliding windows on the limestone truck- should be nice for the summer. Anyone have a spare headliner?