Thread: Just got the 1960 home!

Default Just got the 1960 home!

Ended up selling the NADA 109 (the one with the 289)

I've been chasing this one for a bit (3+ years). The owner finally relented and it's arrived. Pretty straight rig with some good improvements on the original platform. Super low mile Turner 2.25, dual circuit brakes, new leafs/bushings, wiring harness, etc. Should have it running and stopping soon!

First on the list: rebuilding wheel cylinders and M/C + Booster. Seems like the Rover was worked on a ton and a lot of new parts installed, then parked. Been sitting for 3-4 years. After brakes/clutch, I will be getting into flushing fuel tank and cooling system.

I did have a chance to lightly compound the drivers door - that paint comes right back!

It rained yesterday, so I found out where all the roof/weather seal leaks are!

Here's a couple of shots I took right after arrival.
    Michael
    SoCal, USA

1973 Series III 88"
    2008 LR3 HSE
    1995 RRC - Cream Puff - Sold
    1960 Series II 109 SW "Pequod" - Sold
    1967 109 NADA SW #360 - Sold
    1962 IIA SWB - Sold
    1992 RRC LSE - Sold
    1973 Series III RHD ROW - Sold

Default Great truck

Great looking Rover! Good luck with the brakes. That's my project next weekend.
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)