Page 127 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2287

Thread: What did you do to your Rover today?

Limp noodle sound Well the door posts that I ordered, which go all the way up the side of the bulkhead to the second hinge, arrived yesterday.
    They are in BritPart bags, which sent up red flags right off. Upon inspection they are the right shape, but they are fabricated and not pressed like the original. That means some amount of clean up as the shoulder bend is full of grinder scars. In addition, they are powder coated, so that has to be stripped before anything else as the BH is getting galvy when finished. Must be all clean steel.

Still trying to get the broken stub of the inner axle shaft out of the diff. Takin a break now, time for bed.

Home for Christmas and got my 66 Rover going only to have the intermediate muffler pipe fall apart . . . DOH!
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Quote Originally Posted by 73series88 View Post
    picked up some used defender doors today for an absolute steal.
    started fitting them. have to finish drilling the new door catch holes.
    bottom one lined up so its just one hole.
    someone tried to sand blast them so the skins are warped. thats fine with me. should cut down on alot of breeze and water coming through. plus roll down windows.
    aaron
    Do they fit right in Aaron? I mean short of having to re-drill hinge bolt holes. What year defender did they come off? Having roll down windows would be great!
    Harvey

thumb-up

Went to the exhaust shop and had a new system fitted to replace the rusting old pipes.

Came home and decided it was time to rotate the tires and check the brake pads. I must have not put the drums back on right because the brake pedal goes straight to the floor on the first push and needs to be pumped about 3 times to get the right pressure built up. Looks like I will be taking off all the tires again to check on the brakes. I did check out the res and there is the right amount of fluid in there.

Did you adjust the brake SHOES after your brake inspection?
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Didnt do it today, but a few days ago:

Truck bed lined the interior part of the bulkhead and got a wild hair up my bum and did the radiator support panel as well.

First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

Nice Grill MsgGunny..... punched or lasered?

I was having a serious power issue with the 88, 40ish on the freeway on the straight and flats, and couldnt make it up a single hill without downshifting. Aaron passed me out in his 88 the other day and my foot was on the floor doing 35 in 4th...

Tonight I inspected the distributor and found that I had no point gap and the cap and 2 contacts very worn down and the other two looked brand new... no shaft wobble though.. this cap had no more than 1,000 miles on it, puzzling to say the least..

replaced cap and reset the points and it runs like a top! lets see how long this lasts

-Rob
    ------------------------------------------------
    72 SIII 88
    67 SIIA 109
    82 SIII Stage 1 V8
    -- http://www.youtube.com/barnfind88 --

thumb-up

yeah i thought that was kinda wierd. ive never passed anyone on that hill before. good to see you on the the road.
    aaron
    73 series III 88 2.5 na diesel daily driver
    67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
    88 RRC sold
    60 mga coupe