Thread: Pro Comp vs OME Nitrogen Shocks

Default Pro Comp vs OME Nitrogen Shocks

Thinking of installing OME nitrogen shocks on my Series III. Are they worth the money? Major difference in ride quality versus standard Pro Comp shocks?

Not much off roading, some beach cruising. Otherwise road driving.

Thoughts welcome

Quote Originally Posted by 2roverlabs View Post
    Thinking of installing OME nitrogen shocks on my Series III. Are they worth the money? Major difference in ride quality versus standard Pro Comp shocks?

Not much off roading, some beach cruising. Otherwise road driving.

Thoughts welcome
    Tuning in for information. I'm on my first Series truck, but my experience with leaf springs is that the ride quality doesn't improve much regardless of shocks. I'm hoping someone will prove me wrong.

I've had the Pro Comp shocks on my S3 (Hi-Cap 109 with V-8 Rover engine) for several years with good results.

Is that your soft top in the photo? Are you running parabolics or standard springs?
    I put parabolics and OME's on my ragtop Late IIA and found the OME's to be too stiff. I reinstalled the standard Woodhead shocks and love the ride. And I have had no problem with the length of the shock travel - so far.......

My pic is a hard top three door '76 S3. Somewhere between a Stage 1 and a one ton. I'm using the stock springs.

Quote Originally Posted by TedW View Post
    Is that your soft top in the photo? Are you running parabolics or standard springs?
    I put parabolics and OME's on my ragtop Late IIA and found the OME's to be too stiff. I reinstalled the standard Woodhead shocks and love the ride. And I have had no problem with the length of the shock travel - so far.......
    Yes, it is my soft soft top Series III. Put new parabolics on about 18 months. Put Pro Comp shocks on at the time. Jarring blows are not dampened much at all. Ride otherwise is generally good.