Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: 109 NADA Registry

Hi Michel, did you receive the PM I responded to yours with? Not showing in my sent folder for some reason? Thanks, Rod

Quote Originally Posted by michel View Post
    I also have #808 which doesn't have much original parts left. The only original parts left are the bodywork (apart from the bulkhead) and the body is pretty rough. I will most likely use the safari roof from 808 to put on 720.

I am in Quebec, where quite a few of these NADA were sold.

Hi Rod. Got your PM and replied. Thanks, Michel

Thanks Michel and understood. Good luck with the new one! Rod

Hi Rod. Got your PM and replied. Thanks, Michel

Started #720 today and getting to know the beast. Is the gear lever original? My other Series have "crooked" levers, but this one looks like it from a Plumber's sullies store. Does anyone know what these "Magneto" switches for?

Thanks,

Michel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	13215   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	242 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	13216   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	236 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	13217  

Hi Michel,

I'm just getting started with the NADA variant myself, so I'm no expert. But, every example I've seen has a straight stick, I believe it has to do with the fact that the bulkhead/firewall is pushed further into the truck to account for the longer engine, so there is not enough room for the "bent" stick. If you send me your email, I can send you the specific service manual and a nearly complete parts manual specific to the NADA which others were kind enough to provide to me. Best, Rod

PS No idea on the magneto switch, but given the plate itself is different than the other dash (that black vinyl stuff is unique to the NADA I believe), it's probably a mod made by a PO.

Started #720 today and getting to know the beast. Is the gear lever original? My other Series have "crooked" levers, but this one looks like it from a Plumber's sullies store. Does anyone know what these "Magneto" switches for?

Thanks,

Michel

16 December
    My spare head has 2 part numbers stamped in it. 522668 and 557536. Neither appears in my 3.0 Rover Parts Catalogue. My 2.6 Rover Parts Catalogue has been misplaced.

Jim

Thank you Jim, the mystery deepens...

So, several of us have heads stamped 542350 (the NADA parts book states 542349 - one digit off), someone on the GNR forum said 512850 is the number on his multiple heads which he states have not come off the block, and now your cylinder head with two number's stamped on it; neither of which match any of the others. Very strange... Separately, can someone point me to where on the engine the 343xxxxx number should be? Thanks, Rod

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfoley1 View Post
    16 December
    My spare head has 2 part numbers stamped in it. 522668 and 557536. Neither appears in my 3.0 Rover Parts Catalogue. My 2.6 Rover Parts Catalogue has been misplaced.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by RoverRod View Post
    Hi Michel,

I'm just getting started with the NADA variant myself, so I'm no expert. But, every example I've seen has a straight stick, I believe it has to do with the fact that the bulkhead/firewall is pushed further into the truck to account for the longer engine, so there is not enough room for the "bent" stick. If you send me your email, I can send you the specific service manual and a nearly complete parts manual specific to the NADA which others were kind enough to provide to me. Best, Rod

PS No idea on the magneto switch, but given the plate itself is different than the other dash (that black vinyl stuff is unique to the NADA I believe), it's probably a mod made by a PO.
    Indeed, only these NADA had Vinyl-coated dash plates. Not an improvement, IMHO....

Any reference material would be greatly appreciated! My email adress is michelo110@yahoo.com

Hi Michel,

Email sent with a nearly complete Parts Manual (if someone has a complete one, please share, mine has several pages missing, and the Service manual (thanks to Jim and Josh respectively!).

I agree that it would be much simpler to restore if it was just shiny or matt black paint!

If you have a chance to look at the part number on your cylinder head and chime in as to what you have, might add a little color to the discussion below.

Thanks, Rod

Indeed, only these NADA had Vinyl-coated dash plates. Not an improvement, IMHO....

Any reference material would be greatly appreciated! My email adress is michelo110@yahoo.com

When I send a Parts Catalogue by email I do not send duplicate drawings pages. If you are missing description pages send the numbers to me and I'll send them to you. I will send the 2 of you the Page that describes the differences between the 4 cyl and 6 cal NADA. It answers some of the questions you seek answers too. Rod did my 2 part #2 reach you?

Jim