Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any market for 101's?

Default Any market for 101's?

Just wanted to see if people are still interested in 101's. I can't seem to find any for sale in the states. Just wondering Iif there where is or ever was a market for them

There was a nice one for sale on here this summer. I had contacted the seller, but it sold before I got down to see it. It's one of those love it or hate rigs I guess. There is a semi-restored series forward for sale here in Vt. The back bed isn't original, but it still looks good. Keeps popping up on Ebay, so I guess there isn't a big demand for them, or dispensable funds aren't what they used to be.
    Sooo, what you got??

There is a market for them but it is a niche of an already niche market. Lots of people say they awnt one but when push comes to shove they are just a little too military or utilitarian.

Most drive train parts are either common with other Rovers, some US parts so not any more difficult than a standard Rover. There are quite a few bits that are unique to the machine that require an extra level of commitment to track down. This generally puts them in the realm of fanatics. You tend to either love em or hate em. Those that have them must have one. Those that don't generally don't keep them for long.

I opersonally think the market for them in the US is probably quite well satisfied right now. I shipped mine back out of the country but I AM a fanatic.

There has been one for sale on craigslist in Ithaca forever. They are one of those vehicles that a lot of people think they really want until they actually own it. I like them and would love to have one, but not for the $ people seem to want for them when they tire of them.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

I just wanted to see if it was wrorth bringing one over. I still may to bring to shows and such. I have a vey nice LHD GS I am bringing over but had an option to bring over am amazing 82 RHD I was going to keep and sell the LHD. I Guess the market to seem to be there to support a sale for a nice 101. So I guess just oepne for me then.

Try and find one and drive it first. The cab is small so for some the experience is shear joy and for others it is torture. Again a lot of people like the idea of a 101 but few truly love them. You will not make money importing one.

Also understand keeping a 101 takes a level of commitment more than your average series. If you get one join the club for their spares support. Some of us survive very well outside the club but if you are paying a spanner monkey to look after it your going to find its really, really expensive and need the club support.

Hey, Yorker, thanks for the tip. That's rhe same one I was going to check out this past summer. Supposedly it sold and the owner was moving to Mayalasia. Looks like it's in pretty good shape.

LHD worth on more then RHD? For the 101's?

RHD is worth more, then again, I'm biased. My Hi-cap is RHD.
    Last edited by VTBKRDS; 12-12-2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added content

I like it. I will have some pictures of the 101 we are bringing over for sale in a couple days.