Page 50 of 137 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Thanks Clive, I'll need to dive deeper on that ref page, as first blush its not obvious what the spec on the light tan/cream vehicle may be in the pic shown here... assuming it is even one of the original colors itself.

appreciated, mike

Post 74 Series III

I have sold my 73 SIII that I restored. I did such a good job that I did not want to drive it in the snow / salt / rain ect yet loved to drive it. I decided to buy another, 1974 SIII, and this one is now may daily driver. I really like driving it every day. I'm also real close to buying another one, I'll post pics if, hopefully when, I get it. As my friend says I have an obsession, can't argue you get addicted to these "THINGS" as my wife calls them.
    I have replaced a rotted rear door w/ a tailgate / liftgate (thanks Ike)
    and have some RM door tops to install after I replace the windscreen which I have. It has a galv frame, 8:1 head, Weber DGV carb, electronic ignition, mechanically very tidy, runs great.

Attachment 3261
    Last edited by siii8873; 01-10-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Thought this was interesting off a military history site, this pic was entitled "misc vet. pic01 Air delivery of a Series 2 CR with a bad 'chute..."

... aptly titled....
    Last edited by mrdoiron; 06-20-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Default 69 conversion to date

Here is a little history of the old girl so far... I got the orig pic of the 1stage conversion from the orig Cream color from a previous owner, and added that in as well.

Last edited by mrdoiron; 06-03-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Default New British Room mate arrived today

1980 Ser III Lightweight...

like I didn't have enough oil on my garage floor already.

let the new games begin...
    Last edited by mrdoiron; 06-25-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdoiron View Post

What color is that? The color has to be the spitting image of mine and I was told it was a Mazda color. Or something to that effect.

Looking good at any rate!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdoiron View Post

Not really sure what the color is officially. It is a RHD and has only been in the US a little over 1 yr, and it is not a great paint job. I plan to get stripping soon, and possibly go for Desert Sand...

cheers, mike

Here's my first Rover, it's a 74 Diesel RHD, imported ~6 years ago. Has a Fairey Overdrive (afraid to try it out), had a hard top w/ safari rack. Just removed it and installed a bikini top from a CJ7.

To do:
    -Have starter/solenoid rebuilt - to eliminate bypass switches
    -Rebuild spare rear axle - to get rid of leaky axle tube
    -Locate or build a rear tail gate
    -Have a 4-point roll bar built and add mounts for retractable shoulder belts
    -Remove top halves of doors (bolts rusted solid)

Think that's about it for now. Doesn't look anywhere near as good in person as the photos. Rippled body panels, runs in the paint, hood that is no where near straight, cracked seals, etc etc. But it's fun to drive around and gets TONS of attention. We took it to the local concert series Friday night and had 5 people piled in it.

This weekend after removing the top:

If anyone has a spare tailgate around in the DC/MD/VA area please drop me a line!
    74 SIII RHD, Diesel, Basterd Rover

Here is my Series III '72
    New Hampshire- Live Free or Die.

Quote Originally Posted by CLynn85 View Post
    Here's my first Rover, it's a 74 Diesel RHD, imported ~6 years ago. Has a Fairey Overdrive (afraid to try it out), had a hard top w/ safari rack. Just removed it and installed a bikini top from a CJ7.

To do:
    -Have starter/solenoid rebuilt - to eliminate bypass switches
    -Rebuild spare rear axle - to get rid of leaky axle tube
    -Locate or build a rear tail gate
    -Have a 4-point roll bar built and add mounts for retractable shoulder belts
    -Remove top halves of doors (bolts rusted solid)

Think that's about it for now. Doesn't look anywhere near as good in person as the photos. Rippled body panels, runs in the paint, hood that is no where near straight, cracked seals, etc etc. But it's fun to drive around and gets TONS of attention. We took it to the local concert series Friday night and had 5 people piled in it.

This weekend after removing the top:

If anyone has a spare tailgate around in the DC/MD/VA area please drop me a line!
    I have a tail gate, im in Boone NC very close to the VA/NC line. What are your plans with the roof rack you took off? I'll also send you a PM in case you don't check back on this thread.
    pb