Thread: Discovery II lug nuts

Default Discovery II lug nuts

I like my stock 2000 Disco rims just fine, but hate the lug nuts. i would guess almost everyone does. after 10 years, the chrome caps can be easily removed by hand on some and most are beat up and look bad. I don't off road much but looks not all that important, the Disco already has a dent or two. I feel it is a pain the way they are and a potential safety issue, just bought new tires and had three lug nuts fall off because the tire place did not tighten them right.
    Has anyone else gotten a different lug nut to use? they seem pretty specific for that rim. If keeping the originals, has anyone removed the chrome caps and used the lugs without them? Thanks.
    '65 Series IIa (not running)
    "73 Series III (not running)
    (combining the two to make one.)
    '00 Disco II

I bought a set of chromed lug nuts for our old Disco I on ebay from the seller "la-wheel-and-tire" in California. They advertise lug nuts all the time..... It looks like they remove the stainless cap from stock lug nuts, clean them up and then chrome.

I believe they have them available for the Disco II, also.

Bob
    '02 Disco II SD
    '80 SIII 109
    '75 SIII 88 V8
    '68 SIIA 109 V8

thanks for the lead, siiirhd88. I did check both their website and ebay site and found they do have a solid chrome lug nut for it. I am thinking of just taking off the chrome caps on mine, as chrome lugs would look too nice for it! Their lug is a solid one, though, and would be easier to use that the original chrome capped ones.
    '00 Disco II

Could they do a brushed finish?
    Stu

'01 D2

You would have to ask, they talk about doing chrome, powdercoat, and something called "winterchrome" I can understand the interest in doing the brushed, to better match the wheels. it is interesting to see the rover wheels chromed, just not my style.

http://www.lawheel.com/catalog/landrover/
    '00 Disco II

Quote Originally Posted by MerlynIIa View Post
    I like my stock 2000 Disco rims just fine, but hate the lug nuts. i would guess almost everyone does. after 10 years, the chrome caps can be easily removed by hand on some and most are beat up and look bad. I don't off road much but looks not all that important, the Disco already has a dent or two. I feel it is a pain the way they are and a potential safety issue, just bought new tires and had three lug nuts fall off because the tire place did not tighten them right.
    Has anyone else gotten a different lug nut to use? they seem pretty specific for that rim. If keeping the originals, has anyone removed the chrome caps and used the lugs without them? Thanks.
    We've got lugs for the Disco II, but only in chrome it seems. If you call us, one of our sales guys (I'm just the lowly webmaster!) might be able to find something for you, though.