PDA

View Full Version : Problem fitting windscreen bracket

BobJones
08-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Hey folks, I'm just got a windscreen bracket and am close to putting on my new soft top. I'm wondering about the fitting of the windscreen bracket.

Do the side pieces go over the bracket, it seems to make sense.
should it have so much space between it and the windscreen frame. Mine seems to stick out too far, and is not bent to fit the side pieces.

Thanks for any help.

jac04
08-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Check out the sticky:
http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7370

There is something defintely wrong. IIRC, the side pieces should go over the center piece (what you are calling the bracket). The center piece should also fit flush against the windshield frame. In some cases, the bracket is actually riveted to the windshield frame at every tab location (at least on my Lightweight it was).

Take a picture or two from the inside - let's see what you're dealing with here.

bpj911
08-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Where did the piece come from? It's bent wrong. I saw something like this recently myself.

Les Parker
08-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Hello there,

We have noticed a few of the incorrectly shaped windscreen top pieces.
The part needs to be removed and reshaped to the correct profile.
The pix. that JAC04 linked to show how the part needs to be shaped.
We have a couple of the correct parts on the shelf :-

PLB736 Screen panel.

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-4700-windshield-piece-canvas-series-iia-iii.aspx

BobJones
08-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the help, I thought I was being an idiot, but realized the bending issue today and tried to bend it myself. Not going so well, I need to reweld the tabs and its a bit uneven..Best I can do as my Rover is 4.5 hours from where I live and every weekend I get to work on it requires major planning. Anyway I'll let you know if it works out.

allende
08-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Same problem with recently purchased hood stick set from Exmoor. They have notified us that a whole batch were incorrectly manufactured. Contact them for a free replacement.