PDA

View Full Version : Oceanside NY has an a** with a series

scott
08-11-2010, 11:54 PM
well he might have, he at least had a series. he placed a p/u top on ebay. then gaffed off the winning bidder and sold it to another. his name ****** ******* *****.

thixon
08-12-2010, 08:00 AM
So Scott, were you the winning bidder who received the gaffing?

I Leak Oil
08-12-2010, 08:37 AM
That name sounds familiar, and not in a good way...Believe I read about him on Dweb....

scott
08-12-2010, 09:23 AM
So Scott, were you the winning bidder who received the gaffing?

No not me. A better man than I was the winning bidder. The kind that wouldn't shout from the rooftop that this slimeballl has no interity and whose birth was most likely the result of a violant act perpatrated (sp?) By his mother upon a lower primate.

meatblanket
08-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I met ***** once. He was going to bring me a 2.25 core to Colorado. It fell off his trailer and bounced around on the Interstate somewhere in Iowa.

Fortunately nobody got hurt.:eek:

Bostonian1976
08-12-2010, 10:50 AM
I met ***** once. He was going to bring me a 2.25 core to Colorado. It fell off his trailer and bounced around on the Interstate somewhere in Iowa.

Fortunately nobody got hurt.:eek:

I bet that's the fastest that 2.25 ever moved...

scott
08-12-2010, 01:22 PM
First my apologies to this guy's mom, monkies and anyone but him that my rant may have offended.

I still would question his integeity. I would have a real hard time trusting anything he said or wrote.

Basically he sold this top for $355. Proboably no where near what he wanted. Just sent the payment back w/o explaination. When asked what's going on he offers to box and ship for $645. And threaten if he didn't like that that he has a customer lined up that'll pay$1000 and will pick it up.

mongoswede
08-12-2010, 01:33 PM
First my apologies to this guy's mom, monkies and anyone but him that my rant may have offended.

I still would question his integeity. I would have a real hard time trusting anything he said or wrote.

Basically he sold this top for $355. Proboably no where near what he wanted. Just sent the payment back w/o explaination. When asked what's going on he offers to box and ship for $645. And threaten if he didn't like that that he has a customer lined up that'll pay$1000 and will pick it up.

Well at least he sent your money back. You can look through the Ebay info but I don't think there is much you can do about it other then give the guy a bad review. I know some sellers state they will pursue legal action if you the buyer do not complete the transaction...I don't know if there is any weight to this or if you the buyer have any legal ground to stand on...and then again is it worth it. Better off being glad you got a refund and just warn others to be wary.

leafsprung
08-12-2010, 01:50 PM
there are folks much worse off in his wake :(

scott
08-12-2010, 02:14 PM
there are folks much worse off in his wake :(

I wouldn't be surprised. And yes at least my bud didn't loose any $. And I'm not asking for anyone to feel sorry for me or him. I just wanted to vent off the steam that builds when I experience or learn of someone who is willing to put profit before honor. It's that kind of aatitude that has created this "buyer beware" world we're now stuck with

kevkon
08-12-2010, 02:54 PM
The jerk absolutely violated a contract and can be banned from EBay for that. Definately worth a pursue.

albersj51
08-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Sorry to hear of your experience! I just made a large purchase on eBay for my BMW, so I have been nervous waiting for the product. Luckily the guy I bought from has communicated well and so far so good...but I am always wary of eBay buys. Like you said, those that put profit before honor and integrity are the scum of the earth!

bkreutz
08-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I've done a fair amount of business on Ebay over the years (all buying) and I've only had one bad experience. I paid for an item and never received it, contacted Ebay and came away with the impression that their only interest is with the sellers (that's where they make their money). Never got a resolution and the seller is still in business (a "Power Seller" in big type on his auctions). The only thing I could do was give a negative feedback, and pursue it through legal channels (for $30.00 it wasn't worth the hassle). So now Ebay is the "source of last resort" for me. Seems like they have all kinds of protection for the seller and for the buyer it's "caveat emptor".

stonefox
08-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Saddle up your Series!!! I'm calling in the Posee.......:mad: Okay that's a little extreme. It will all come back around on him and bite'm soon enough.

badvibes
08-12-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm the one this is about. I won the auction, sent payment, payment was returned no explanation, no contact. I sent multiple E-mails asking for an explanation.

This has evolved into he's saying $1000, pretty much non-negotiable, shipped. I won the auction for $355, I think $650 is too much for packing and shipping. He won't work with me on shipping as I have offered, and have a Rover business out here that I could get commercial rates thru for probably half what an individual rate is.

So really nothing I can do about it. Unless. Anybody near Oceanside, NY? On the map it looks near Brooklynn, just east of there. I would pay good money if anyone was close and wanted to pick the top up in person. I'd work with someone on this. In fact I'd pay $650 to someone to go pick it up and ship it to me. Cheapest shipping anyone could find, make as much on doing this as you could possibly. I'd rather pay anybody else than ****** ***** at this point.

Just a thought, I'm sure if I tell ****** I'll pay the $355 auction price and have it picked up locally he'll create some other excuse to back out of his agreement.

Oh well it's not like I don't have a full top already.

Jeff

thixon
08-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Jeff,
Sorry to hear it worked out that way. I was in NYC last week, and would have been glad to go by. Oh well, maybe I should start posting up where I'm headed each month in case anyone on this board needs me to go club someone in the kneecaps with a baseball bat.:D

At least he sent the check back. He could have cashed it, then held the top hostage. He sounds like a dirt bag. Good thing he's not a thieving dirt bag.

badvibes
08-12-2010, 09:51 PM
thixon-

Yeah I'm not out anything. Could be worse I could be one of those poor, stupid, J**p owners, ah wait a minute......

I am a J**p owner! Man I'm in a world of hurt.....

scott
08-12-2010, 10:18 PM
god will forgive you for buying a jeep, but i think he draws the line at those who say one thing and do another

SafeAirOne
08-12-2010, 10:23 PM
So you're basically saying that the idiot put up an item in a no-reserve auction, didn't get as much as he wanted for the item and just sent your insufficient (in his eyes), winning bid back? Guess he doesn't believe in setting a reserve.

Probably not too ethical, but I might make sure I'm the winning bidder on several of his other current auctions, especially the high-dollar items.

No...I wouldn't do this, but I'd like think I would.

scott
08-12-2010, 10:37 PM
i don't think he's an idiot, he's an a**. my guess is he didn't put a reserve cuz some bidders won't bid on items w/ reserves. he probably was thinking no reserve and i'll get a bunch of bidders and a bidding frenzy will ensue and i'll get a really good price but he was wrong, he placed his bet and lost than ran out without paying up, his word means nothing and he wanted jeff to send him a grand. if jeff had one or two things would have happened, he'd have thrown it in a cardboard box w/ duct tape and sent it the cheapest way possible and it would have shown up damaged and he would care or he was just bluffing, set the s/h ridiculously high hoping that jeff would back out and not be able to bash him on ebay

badvibes
08-12-2010, 10:39 PM
So you're basically saying that the idiot put up an item in a no-reserve auction, didn't get as much as he wanted for the item and just sent your insufficient (in his eyes), winning bid back? Guess he doesn't believe in setting a reserve.

Exactly. No contact with the returned payment. So I e-mailed to find out what was up, pretty much had it figured just like you have. Nothing I can do about it from out here in the desert.

Jeff

SafeAirOne
08-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Well if it's any consolation, I just saw this on the GnR board. You can get a truck cab for $800, no bidding, and it comes with a free 109 attached to the bottom of it:

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/1888170242.html

badvibes
08-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Mark-

I just can't peddle my bike that far or.....

It's just the area I live in, very few Rovers of any vintage so consequently parts like this are hard, nigh impossible, to come by. You guys on the right coast don't realize how good you got it. Well maybe you do.

Jeff

SafeAirOne
08-12-2010, 10:51 PM
You guys on the right coast don't realize how good you got it.

You obviously aren't looking at it from a corrosion-control point of view...

:)

badvibes
08-12-2010, 10:55 PM
You obviously aren't looking at it from a corrosion-control point of view...

:)

LOL Point taken!

yank
08-13-2010, 07:11 AM
When you get the 109 I'll buy the plow setup off you. I'm thinking you won't need it.:D

kevkon
08-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Okay, so here is the listing with the seller's id; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-Series-Pickup-Cab-Top-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ320570339707QQptZMotorsQ5f CarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

One thing to note in all fairness is the shipping notes. If the shipping was not worked out prior to the bid and win, then the seller is off the hook.

Cutter
08-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Well if it's any consolation, I just saw this on the GnR board. You can get a truck cab for $800, no bidding, and it comes with a free 109 attached to the bottom of it:

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/1888170242.html

Oh my goodness I'm all over that if no one here hasn't snapped it up...

badvibes
08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
yank-

Sounds OK but I'm apparently not very good at working out shipping details with stuff like this.....

kevkon-

I won the auction and sent PayPal payment within 2 hours of the auction end, with a message to get hold of me to work out shipping as I was in New Mexico and would need to have the item shipped. This was @ 9 at night, The next morning I receive an E-mail from PayPal stating that my payment has been returned, No explanation, no contact from the seller. I sent E-mail thru Ebay and to his yahoo addy asking for an explanation. Later that night I got this:

You can call me if you like (516)474-73**

Sent from my iPhone

Maybe my misunderstanding but I didn't get the feeling he was trying to work out shipping details with me. Sure he's off the "hook" like I've said if he backs out of the sale there's nothing I can do about it. I altered the phone # to preserve his privacy. The problem in my mind is how he's "handled" things. Oh and just an interesting tidbit I got E-mail this morning that his initial "refund" of my payment didn't clear his bank. There has been a second "refund" transaction issued this morning, guess it's OK as long as it clears.

Jeff

The 2nd refund shows a pending date of 8/18, so like I say if it clears it's not a problem.

meatblanket
08-13-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm not trying to defend the seller, but this situation probably could have been avoided if the buyer had gotten a firm shipping quote before bidding.

As a buyer, I wouldn't bid on a bulky item like that without knowing what charges the seller would impose for packing and shipping. Unless, of course, I was willing to pick it up in person.

badvibes
08-13-2010, 10:26 AM
meatblanket-

Good advice, I'll try to follow that in the future.

Jeff

kevkon
08-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I'm not defending the seller, just making the point Meatblanket did.
Have you tried Forward Air for shipping? I use them to ship parts and motorcycles.

badvibes
08-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Have you tried Forward Air for shipping? I use them to ship parts and motorcycles.

That's part of the problem. I have a Rover business, not mine, here in Albuquerque that ships and receives all kinds of parts, trannies, large parts of all kinds, all over the country. I can use this commercial shipper to send a truck to any address that the seller gives me to pick the item up and deliver it, on my dime. Would be way cheaper than an individual rate. Seller says NO. Seller is just really not working with me in any way to make shipping happen. Oh well. My feeling is he's disappointed with the price the auction brought and he's using any and every excuse to back out of the sale.

Jeff

scott
08-14-2010, 10:40 AM
oh and the plot thickens. this tale is turning out to be quite suspenseful. jeff tells me that the original unexplained refund has sort of gotten put on hold. it appears as though between the time jeff made payment and gentleman made the refund the gentleman spent a bit to much and the refund sort of bounced. and now he's sounding more like he wants to make good on the sale.

just a reminder we're talking about a ***** ***** out of oceanside, ny

Bertha
08-14-2010, 10:46 AM
oh and the plot thickens. this tale is turning out to be quite suspenseful. jeff tells me that the original unexplained refund has sort of gotten put on hold. it appears as though between the time jeff made payment and gentleman made the refund the gentleman spent a bit to much and the refund sort of bounced. and now he's sounding more like he wants to make good on the sale.

just a reminder we're talking about a ***** ***** out of oceanside, ny

Scott
If you continue to have a problem and need it picked up, PM me and I will pick it up for you and we can work out shipping together. While it is not in my backyard, oceanside is not too far away from me.

scott
08-14-2010, 03:04 PM
after receiving a generous offer from bertha to go fetch it, jeff asks mr ****** ** ***** of oceanside new york again for an address and says he'll (actually bertha) just pick it up as the e-bay posting says the winning bidder can do. the gentleman replies "call me". mmmm, i think jeff should continue this communication via e-mail so that he can share it with pay pal and e-bay if that becomes necessary.

so friends stay tune to learn if ever there was a top, or if the top was but now isn't or if mr ****** * ***** **. of oceanside ny will be a man of his word

mongoswede
08-14-2010, 03:48 PM
:popcorn:

scott
08-14-2010, 05:36 PM
when we last visited our herione jefferina was tied to the track and the train was approaching....will mr ****** * ***** ** of oceanside ny, make it in time?

sorry to disappoint all you optimistic types. mr usher refuses to give his address so as to facilitate the pick up of the pick up top. instead he offers a worthless claim to refunding jefferina's $355. remember the unsolicited refund that paypal latter retracted as the little dickbreath had insufficient funds in his account just a day after accepting jefferina's payment.

ah alas there is no honor in oceanside.

so it appears that this story ends with this warning, do no business with ****** ****** ***** ** who goes by the ebay name 4speedjunkie.

mmm, junkie, maybe that's it. he's a little junkie that doesn't even own a series but rather sneaks into his father's garage at night, steals rover parts and sells them to raise money to buy back all the farm animal **** films he's done to support his habit.

scott
08-14-2010, 05:38 PM
the censored word rhymes with corn

stonefox
08-14-2010, 05:55 PM
when we last visited our herione jefferina was tied to the track and the train was approaching....will mr ****** ****** ***** ** of oceanside ny, make it in time?

sorry to disappoint all you optimistic types. mr usher refuses to give his address so as to facilitate the pick up of the pick up top. instead he offers a worthless claim to refunding jefferina's $355. remember the unsolicited refund that paypal latter retracted as the little dickbreath had insufficient funds in his account just a day after accepting jefferina's payment.

ah alas there is no honor in oceanside.

so it appears that this story ends with this warning, do no business with ****** ****** ***** ** who goes by the ebay name 4speedjunkie.

mmm, junkie, maybe that's it. he's a little junkie that doesn't even own a series but rather sneaks into his father's garage at night, steals rover parts and sells them to raise money to buy back all the farm animal **** films he's done to support his habit.
Hey ,come on now leave, the goat & sheep out of it .They were single mothers just trying to raise their "kids"and the did what they had to do. They're not proud of it either.:o

scott
08-14-2010, 06:02 PM
my sincerest and deepest apologies to any farm animals i may have offended. if they had anything to do with ****** i'm sure it was under duress. poor poor little guys

mongoswede
08-14-2010, 06:54 PM
So it sounds to me like it's time to bring Ebay into the loop and get this guys account suspended.

mongoswede
08-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Oh my goodness I'm all over that if no one here hasn't snapped it up...

Humorously enough I emailed this guy a week ago before it showed up on here and he did get back to me with a phone number. I was going to go down and look it over to see if the bulkhead could be saved. I could also use the 109 tub if its not too bad. But if someone else wants to go for it they are welcome to as I don't have an easy way to haul another vehicle back right now.

Cutter
08-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Humorously enough I emailed this guy a week ago before it showed up on here and he did get back to me with a phone number. I was going to go down and look it over to see if the bulkhead could be saved. I could also use the 109 tub if its not too bad. But if someone else wants to go for it they are welcome to as I don't have an easy way to haul another vehicle back right now.

Sadly someone else just beat me to it-I email friday, got an email back saying it was available at midnight. Called Sat and the seller didn't answer- called me back in a few and said he sold it right as I called. Bummer, I would have loved to have the cap and a few other bits, and would have parted out the rest.

I was about to seriously become a real series owner- once you have a parts truck in your yard you are there as far as I'm concerned...

stonefox
08-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Sadly someone else just beat me to it-I email friday, got an email back saying it was available at midnight. Called Sat and the seller didn't answer- called me back in a few and said he sold it right as I called. Bummer, I would have loved to have the cap and a few other bits, and would have parted out the rest.

I was about to seriously become a real series owner- once you have a parts truck in your yard you are there as far as I'm concerned...
I'm not sure what you are looking for but I have two parts 109s I'm trying to move for a friend.If you are interested PM me.
Sean

SwampRat
08-15-2010, 07:29 AM
***** is a liar and a thief. He has been doing this for years. A quick search will show a history of screwing series owners going back to 2003. I'll be amazed if you ever see a dime. Ebay will not help, they will suspend his account and he'll open another one. His old account was white69IIA. I can't believe someone hasn't snapped his knees yet

scott
08-15-2010, 10:53 AM
i'm not saying that there's something special in the character of series owners. but as a rule they seem to be pretty nice folks. except for me, i'm just a sarcasticass that tries to make up for that flaw by not cheating. maybe folks posting links to this thread on their other rover boards will but an end to his less than honorable dealings.

oh and if the dude that bought the top that was jeff's feels incline maybe he could verify this address **** ****** *** oceanside, ny. cuz if this is *****'s address then there's a concrete cleaning business that could use boycotting as well

and ****** if you are even a bit bother by what i said about your mother and your little farm animal lovers, pm me if your ever in albuquerque and we can get together

mongoswede
08-15-2010, 04:10 PM
So on a whim and out of curiosity of what sort of response I would get from 4speedjunkie I emailed him asking him if he had any other land rover pickup cabs for sale. I got a response back saying that the red one that sold on Ebay was still available. I have not responded any further but it certainely looks shady to me.

scott
08-15-2010, 05:07 PM
looks?! oh i'd say it's defiantly shady. he was telling jeff that he had a buyer willing to pick it up for $1000. what he actually meant to say is that he wasn't going to honor the ebay deal, and spent jeff's money (refund on hold due to lack of funds) and wants nearly 200% more to ship, and he wouldn't let jeff pick it up per the original ebay listing

mongoswede
08-15-2010, 05:15 PM
looks?! oh i'd say it's defiantly shady. he was telling jeff that he had a buyer willing to pick it up for $1000. what he actually meant to say is that he wasn't going to honor the ebay deal, and spent jeff's money (refund on hold due to lack of funds) and wants nearly 200% more to ship, and he wouldn't let jeff pick it up per the original ebay listing

Ok...looks might have been the wrong word. I'd definitely take the guy through the ringer...get ebay involved, Paypal as well. Worst case threaten the guy with small claims court. According the the auction the guy prefers local pickup and will work with the buyer for shipping. So clearly he needs a wakeup call.

badvibes
08-15-2010, 05:44 PM
So on a whim and out of curiosity of what sort of response I would get from 4speedjunkie I emailed him asking him if he had any other land rover pickup cabs for sale. I got a response back saying that the red one that sold on Ebay was still available. I have not responded any further but it certainely looks shady to me.

Interesting.

Cool thing is this board. People have offered to help however they can on the East coast side, very generously. Thanks Bertha, thanks Skeeball. The "community" here is good people.

My legal advisor informs me that I have no comment or endorsement of offers to kneecap a certain Oceanside resident and any and/or all harm that may befall a certain individual are random acts of God and completely unrelated to any dealings real or implied that I may or may not have had with any resident of the great state of New York.

amcordo
08-16-2010, 07:46 AM
:popcorn:

True this.