X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott
    Overdrive
    • Oct 2006

Oceanside NY has an a** with a series

well he might have, he at least had a series. he placed a p/u top on ebay. then gaffed off the winning bidder and sold it to another. his name ****** ******* *****.
    Last edited by acpatsouris; 08-16-2010, 05:05 PM.
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)
  • thixon
    5th Gear
    • Jul 2007

So Scott, were you the winning bidder who received the gaffing?
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88

Comment

• I Leak Oil
      Overdrive
      • Nov 2006

That name sounds familiar, and not in a good way...Believe I read about him on Dweb....
      Jason
      "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Comment

• scott
        Overdrive
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by thixon
        So Scott, were you the winning bidder who received the gaffing?
        No not me. A better man than I was the winning bidder. The kind that wouldn't shout from the rooftop that this slimeballl has no interity and whose birth was most likely the result of a violant act perpatrated (sp?) By his mother upon a lower primate.
        '76 Spitfire 1500

Comment

• meatblanket
          Low Range
          • Dec 2007

I met ***** once. He was going to bring me a 2.25 core to Colorado. It fell off his trailer and bounced around on the Interstate somewhere in Iowa.

Fortunately nobody got hurt.
          Last edited by acpatsouris; 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM.
          '55 SI 86

Comment

• Bostonian1976
            5th Gear
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by meatblanket
            I met ***** once. He was going to bring me a 2.25 core to Colorado. It fell off his trailer and bounced around on the Interstate somewhere in Iowa.

Fortunately nobody got hurt.
            I bet that's the fastest that 2.25 ever moved...
            Last edited by acpatsouris; 08-16-2010, 05:06 PM.
            '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Comment

• scott
              Overdrive
              • Oct 2006

First my apologies to this guy's mom, monkies and anyone but him that my rant may have offended.

I still would question his integeity. I would have a real hard time trusting anything he said or wrote.

Basically he sold this top for $355. Proboably no where near what he wanted. Just sent the payment back w/o explaination. When asked what's going on he offers to box and ship for $645. And threaten if he didn't like that that he has a customer lined up that'll pay$1000 and will pick it up.
              '76 Spitfire 1500

Comment

• mongoswede
                5th Gear
                • May 2010

Originally posted by scott
                First my apologies to this guy's mom, monkies and anyone but him that my rant may have offended.

I still would question his integeity. I would have a real hard time trusting anything he said or wrote.

Basically he sold this top for $355. Proboably no where near what he wanted. Just sent the payment back w/o explaination. When asked what's going on he offers to box and ship for $645. And threaten if he didn't like that that he has a customer lined up that'll pay$1000 and will pick it up.
                Well at least he sent your money back. You can look through the Ebay info but I don't think there is much you can do about it other then give the guy a bad review. I know some sellers state they will pursue legal action if you the buyer do not complete the transaction...I don't know if there is any weight to this or if you the buyer have any legal ground to stand on...and then again is it worth it. Better off being glad you got a refund and just warn others to be wary.

Comment

• leafsprung
                  Overdrive
                  • Nov 2006

there are folks much worse off in his wake

Comment

• scott
                    Overdrive
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by leafsprung
                    there are folks much worse off in his wake
                    I wouldn't be surprised. And yes at least my bud didn't loose any $. And I'm not asking for anyone to feel sorry for me or him. I just wanted to vent off the steam that builds when I experience or learn of someone who is willing to put profit before honor. It's that kind of aatitude that has created this "buyer beware" world we're now stuck with
                    '76 Spitfire 1500

Comment

• kevkon
                      3rd Gear
                      • Aug 2009

The jerk absolutely violated a contract and can be banned from EBay for that. Definately worth a pursue.
                      94 D-90 tdi
                      72 Series III

Comment

• albersj51
                        5th Gear
                        • May 2010

Sorry to hear of your experience! I just made a large purchase on eBay for my BMW, so I have been nervous waiting for the product. Luckily the guy I bought from has communicated well and so far so good...but I am always wary of eBay buys. Like you said, those that put profit before honor and integrity are the scum of the earth!

Comment

• bkreutz
                          4th Gear
                          • Apr 2010

I've done a fair amount of business on Ebay over the years (all buying) and I've only had one bad experience. I paid for an item and never received it, contacted Ebay and came away with the impression that their only interest is with the sellers (that's where they make their money). Never got a resolution and the seller is still in business (a "Power Seller" in big type on his auctions). The only thing I could do was give a negative feedback, and pursue it through legal channels (for $30.00 it wasn't worth the hassle). So now Ebay is the "source of last resort" for me. Seems like they have all kinds of protection for the seller and for the buyer it's "caveat emptor".
                          Gale Breitkreutz
                          '03 Disco
                          '74 Series III 88 (sold, 4/13)
                          '47 CJ2A

Comment

• stonefox
                            4th Gear
                            • Jul 2010

Saddle up your Series!!! I'm calling in the Posee....... Okay that's a little extreme. It will all come back around on him and bite'm soon enough.
                            Sean
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
                            1970 88"
                            1971 88"
                            authenticstoneworks.com

Comment

• badvibes
                              3rd Gear
                              • Mar 2007

I'm the one this is about. I won the auction, sent payment, payment was returned no explanation, no contact. I sent multiple E-mails asking for an explanation.

This has evolved into he's saying $1000, pretty much non-negotiable, shipped. I won the auction for $355, I think $650 is too much for packing and shipping. He won't work with me on shipping as I have offered, and have a Rover business out here that I could get commercial rates thru for probably half what an individual rate is.

So really nothing I can do about it. Unless. Anybody near Oceanside, NY? On the map it looks near Brooklynn, just east of there. I would pay good money if anyone was close and wanted to pick the top up in person. I'd work with someone on this. In fact I'd pay $650 to someone to go pick it up and ship it to me. Cheapest shipping anyone could find, make as much on doing this as you could possibly. I'd rather pay anybody else than ****** ***** at this point.

Just a thought, I'm sure if I tell ****** I'll pay the $355 auction price and have it picked up locally he'll create some other excuse to back out of his agreement.

Oh well it's not like I don't have a full top already.

Jeff
                              Last edited by acpatsouris; 08-16-2010, 05:04 PM.
                              1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

Comment

Working...