PDA

View Full Version : Bulkhead refurb in Maine/NH/VT area

msggunny
08-12-2010, 04:55 AM
Looking at finally getting around to doing all the work, or at least most of it, this winter.

My bulkhead is in pretty good shape but could use a bit of TLC and i want to paint it.

Any suggestions as to a place or person to use in the area? Dont mind driving a few miles for it but would prefer to not go much further away than NY.

Thanks.
Richard.

I Leak Oil
08-12-2010, 05:34 AM
Overland Engineering is down your neck of the woods. Heard nothing but good things.

Terrys
08-12-2010, 06:38 AM
X2 on Matt Browne. Also, what about the guy in Union. That's pretty close by for you.

KevinNY
08-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Matt did mine this past winter. Like all people that are really good he is backed up with work so you will want to get on the list right away.

Jim-ME
08-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Matt is excellent with everything he does. You should see the stuff he has done. It will blow your mind. Carey Knause is located in Warren. You met at the first DELC meeting. Carey has recently opened a shop and is the one that will be doing my replacement amongst other things. It was a very hard choice between Matt and Carey as I like them both very, very much. Carey won out because I would like to see him succeed and he is 3 hours closer.
Jim

TedW
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Overland Engineering is in Eliot, which is wicked close to Arundel - by Maine standards, anyway.

I've heard nothing but great things about Overland. Easy call IMHO.

SafeAirOne
08-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Easy call IMHO.

Not really that easy. I've seen both of their work and Carey is pretty good too! They both seem to do a pretty darn good job.:thumb-up:

TedW
08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I am thinking strictly in terms of the combination of quality and convenience, since OE is maybe a half-hour away from Gunny's new home.

junkyddog11
08-13-2010, 06:12 AM
I try to fit 1 or 2 bulkheads into the schedule per month and I have 6 in line right now......so it is possibly 6 month wait (at OE).

Thanks for all the kind words.

Carey is a friend and very talented guy and I'm sure he would like bring some work into his new shop. I'd recommend him without hesitation.

msggunny
08-13-2010, 10:19 AM
I try to fit 1 or 2 bulkheads into the schedule per month and I have 6 in line right now......so it is possibly 6 month wait (at OE).

Thanks for all the kind words.

Carey is a friend and very talented guy and I'm sure he would like bring some work into his new shop. I'd recommend him without hesitation.

Awesome.

Thanks for all the info, I dont mind swinging up Carey's way to do it. I threatned to have him do my toyota axle swap on my truck too, maybe do it all at once.

Got to get the axles ready first though.

solihull109
08-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks Matt and all for the kind words.:thumb-up:

Gunny, would love to help you out.