PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Series III '88 Hard Top Purchase Help

artpeck
08-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Appreciate any help anyone can offer as prices for these trucks seems all over the place. I am considering buying the truck noted above. It is a one owner truck in northern California. 31,000 miles verified by service records. Has been stored since the mid 1990 when it was last run. Unfortunately outside but covered. Zero rust but for a little around the window channels on the doors and the springs. Frame, bulkhead and footwells are all in excellent condition. Paint is tired and flaking from the roof. Engine hand cranks smoothly and fluids have been maintained. Interior is excellent but again needs cosmetic refresh. Stock but for warn locking hubs.
It is a vehicle that has been in my slighty distant family so restoring it would be something of a labor of love. I am also going in eyes open to rover ownership as I currently have a 1995 NAS D-90.
My questions are three fold. I have done a fair amount of research but is there anythingnin particular that I should be aware of that might not be visible to inspection? A sense of a fair price? And what sort of budget is required for a good quality cosmetic refresh?
I know technically this is the sale forum so do appreciate your indulgence and any help people can offer. Thanks very much.