PDA

View Full Version : Properly setting the folding windshield retaining catches?

KevinNY
08-21-2010, 12:27 PM
What order do you tension the top and middle bolt on a series 3 windshield retainer?

jac04
08-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Do you mean the nuts on the stud that goes through the tab on the inside of the windshield frame? If so, I'm not sure you have much choice. You need to adjust the nuts on the catch stud to get the proper fit between the windshield frame and the door top. Once you get proper fit you can tighten the 2 nuts to jam them.

crankin
08-21-2010, 04:39 PM
There really is no tension. The windscreen folds down and up.

I think he is talking about the catch windscreen on the inside cab that you undo to flip the windscreen down. The way I set those was to place the top on and make sure that the holes on the windscreen lined up with the roof. Stick bolts in those holes so that its sturdy... and the windscreen is in place.

Then tighten those catch windscreen nuts.

This guy is what i am talking about...
http://rovahfarm.com/images/RTC6159.png

Tighten the bottom nuts first...tighten to the bottom of the windscreen frame. Then cinch down the top nut.

Tim Smith
08-22-2010, 01:39 AM
I hope this means you will be running the Goat with windscreen down. Otherwise this is academic.

KevinNY
08-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Actually I did that the other day just to try it before remounting the raised air intake. Now that we have a couple of days of rain I guess it's time to put the roll bar and hoopset back on.