PDA

View Full Version : What Disco items fit a series?

bt1211
08-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Hello,

There is a disco in a junk yard near me(not sure what year). Its missing its engine but it has all the rest of its running gear(ie trans,front and rear ends & 5 nice aluminum rims).

Do any of these items fit my 71 series ?

I ask because I want to upgrade the front brakes to disk and do a few more modern mods. If the trans and the other items will fit I might as well grab them.

Thanks,
Bryan

KevinNY
08-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Pretty much nothing.

I Leak Oil
08-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Ya, none of that stuff you're looking at will just bolt up.

scott
08-22-2010, 05:13 PM
The axles will but ya got to mod the series frame for coils or the axles for springs. Aluminum wheels won't fit your series axles bot you steels should fit the dico. Depend on the motor that was in the disco the trany might work, i.e. 2.5 d w/5 speed. The diffs are pretty much a straight swap but you'll lose some low but gain some high gearing. And the "land rover" letters off the bonnet but I'm not sure where ya can put 'em on a series

I Leak Oil
08-22-2010, 05:25 PM
....almost forgot, the cup holders that don't exist in the disco will fit your series truck just fine.:D

mongoswede
08-22-2010, 05:44 PM
The axles will but ya got to mod the series frame for coils or the axles for springs. Aluminum wheels won't fit your series axles bot you steels should fit the dico. Depend on the motor that was in the disco the trany might work, i.e. 2.5 d w/5 speed. The diffs are pretty much a straight swap but you'll lose some low but gain some high gearing. And the "land rover" letters off the bonnet but I'm not sure where ya can put 'em on a series

The diffs won't likely swap as the axles are probably 24 spline where your series axles are 10 spline.

scott
08-22-2010, 05:50 PM
The diffs won't likely swap as the axles areprobably 24 spline where your series axles are 10 spline.

Duh. Forgot it's the early rangies that had the 10 spline spiders

bt1211
08-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Thanks. Like most of us, I visit you pull it yards to see whats there. I saw the Disco and thought, what if?

yorker
08-23-2010, 11:54 AM
And the "land rover" letters off the bonnet but I'm not sure where ya can put 'em on a series

That could be fun:

http://www.mbhs.edu/~bconnell/cgi-bin/anagram.cgi?cpw=1&phrase=land+rover

Donnie
08-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Hello,

There is a disco in a junk yard near me(not sure what year). Its missing its engine but it has all the rest of its running gear(ie trans,front and rear ends & 5 nice aluminum rims).

Do any of these items fit my 71 series ?

I ask because I want to upgrade the front brakes to disk and do a few more modern mods. If the trans and the other items will fit I might as well grab them.

Thanks,
Bryan
nothing fits, it has found a home, leave it rust in peace...........

luckyjoe
08-24-2010, 05:37 AM
You could transfer the inertia shoulder (seat) belts, and the radio with built-in weather band is cool too. You might be able to harvest various relays, and the bottle jack is very handy.

Regards,

LR Max
08-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Seat belts! Will need to drill and bolt up but almost everything else will bolt in.

With a cutter and a welder, the entire drivetrain will fit :thumb-up:.

amcordo
08-24-2010, 08:34 AM
You could probably mount this on the inside: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Disco_ball_1.jpg

stomper
08-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Amcordo is starting to show his true colors. First with the leaning issue that attracts girls, then the clubbing comments, now with the Disco ball.....Is John Travolta your Idol?:)

crankin
08-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah really?! Whats going on with your 109?!