PDA

View Full Version : Looking HD Shelves, suggestions?

LR Max
08-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Ok currently I live in an apartment complex and I've got a storage unit to put all my rover stuff in (hey, better than nothing!!).

As one can imagine, with 34" TSLs in one corner, an oil pan in the other and a stack of rover boxes...I need storage help.

I'm looking for shelves to hang on the wall but I don't want those crappy wire shelves. I'm looking for HD shelves that can hold a reasonable amount of weight (fluids, tires, C02 tank and other amazingly heavy stuff won't go up there) and also won't be permanent. Lastly, I don't want these things to be too expensive. Fortunately the ceilings in said unit are tall, so I can get stuff up and out of the way but fairly accessible if needed.

I'm half way thinking about just building "custom" shelving since my old man is into woodworking. All that is easy with a table saw :D.

Thanks for any help.

Tim Smith
08-25-2010, 09:07 PM
I think building your own will be the cheapest and best way to get what you want. 2x4's and plywood are so much cheaper than ready made steel shelves. Plus you can make them the exact size you need.