X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike375
    Low Range
    • Oct 2009

Need Carb Help

Rebuilt my series III 109 with a 2.25 petrol engine carb (zenith) used the kit from here. Went o fire up the engine - and it starts (idles fine) for about 30 seconds then dies -when watching the carb, even after the engine dies a good stream of gas keeps pouring into the carb from the main inslet - after 30 seconds or so it trickles to a stop - I have to wait 3o minutes or so until all the extra gas evaporates and then try it again. Then it fires up and repeates the performance. I am completely new to rebuilding carbs, and this is the first one i attempted - what did i do wrong?
  • gudjeon
    5th Gear
    • Oct 2006

Did you check the float level as per bulletin from our hosts sticky post? I just did that very thing today as part of my tune up.

Comment

• Cosmic88
      Low Range
      • Feb 2009

Best advice I ever got Re. Zenith carb!!

Ditch that pos and get yourself the Weber 34 ICH.... you'll be much happier.
      -Cosmo-
      '66 IIA 88" - Stock-ish Trail Rider

'95 Disco R380 5 spd DD
      ARB winch bull bar
      Warn 8k
      Gulf States Grill
      OME HD 2" lift
      home made limb risers
      LR rack with too many Hellas
      on-and-on-and....

Comment

• gudjeon
        5th Gear
        • Oct 2006

I've never met a Zenith I couldn't sort. They are as simple a carb as you can get. First thing I would do is recheck the float level and make sure the needle and seat is free of gunk. It sounds like a flooding issue. Pm if you need more detailed assistance.

Comment

• 73series88
          5th Gear
          • Oct 2009

weber!!!!
          73 series III 88 2.5 na diesel daily driver
          67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
          88 RRC sold
          60 mga coupe

Comment

Working...