PDA

View Full Version : RARE Opportunity...

J!m
08-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Hello fellow members.

I generally deal in Defenders; however this opportunity has come along and I thought I would pass it by you guys. Due to rarity, I thought it more appropriate to offer it here, rather than chuck it up on eBay...:thumb-up:

Here is one of the first 50 range rovers legally imported into the country.

It is being offered by the son of the original purchaser, so about as close to the original owner as one might hope. Here's a bit of info:

"It's an 86 1/2, one of the first 50 legally imported into the country (the VIN tracks as an 87 though). It was a dealer demo before [name removed] father bought it (so, [name removed] was second owner, still in the family).

For someone who is a _serious_ Range Rover fanatic and who can do the work themselves, this would be a hell of a restoration project.

It's for the 3.5 Litre EFI too, so no carburetors to deal with."

If you have specific questions about this vehicle, please feel free to PM or e-mail me directly. I will then get details as required from the seller.

Vehicle is currently in New Hampshire and runs and drives. It has frame corrosion preventing it from passing state inspection, and therefore is not legal to drive as-is. The buyer will need to make shipping arrangements; however assistance on this end is not a problem.:)

Thanks for looking!

J!m
08-30-2010, 09:02 AM
More pics...

J!m
08-30-2010, 09:17 AM
And some more...

J!m
08-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Last one!

phoenix
08-31-2010, 07:33 PM
if any body is interested on this unit but is aprehensive due to the possibility of a rusted frame, I have a 91 rr im parting out and has a good frame which I wont need or use, but hate to throw out or let it rust on the ground..
Im sorry I do not mean to hijack a thread, simply though I would chime in.
disregard if you think my post is in bad taste....
thanks...

J!m
09-01-2010, 06:43 AM
No problem, Phoenix, and good to know.

The frame IS bad on this truck (why it failed inspection in NH)- as you can see the body is incredibly straight...

phoenix
09-01-2010, 09:19 PM
yup, Im restoring an 87 which I have owned for about 10 to 12 yrs. I repaired my frame some 5 yrs ago and honestly I dont feel like deoing it again.... that 86 reminds me soo much of when my 87 ran.....and looked that good (I abused it off road for 5 yrs or more, reason for restoration)
carlosZ

J!m
09-02-2010, 06:53 AM
This is a very cool truck.

I would get it myself and restore it (and sell to a NYC investment banker for a tidy sum) but I don't have the space.:(

Pricing on this is quite attractive as well!:thumb-up:

Could be a parts truck, but I would prefer (as would the current owner) to see it brought back to it's former glory. It does have some significance to the collector, so that is why it is here, and not plaguing eBay...

Thanks for the interest!

phoenix
09-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I could not do another english car, my wife would kill me...so far in the last 5 years we have owned 8 different rovers and one jag..
of those all but 2 rovers were sold, purchased a third for resto pannels (hence the frame) and just adopted a purpose built non street legal off road rangie (#4).
being that the latter is almost a trailer queen less the glamour, she laid the law and said. no more rovers just the ones we have, you sell you dont replace it with another. keep the jag.

J!m
09-03-2010, 06:34 AM
OUCH!:eek:

Well, she will be missed I suppose...;):p