PDA

View Full Version : Dia. of clutch lines and brake lines

chester rides again
08-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Getting ready to purchase the hydraulic lines for my truck.

What's the dia. of both the brake and clutch lines? The clutch line looks larger - 1/4" while the brake lines look smaller 3/16"?

I've decided to go the Fedhil - Cunifer route. Still trying to figure out what flaring tool to purchase. I'm also not sure how many fittings and what types to order. Any help would be great.

KevinNY
08-31-2010, 03:18 PM
3/16" brakes and 1/4" clutch. Buy both the flaring tool kit and line from NAPA, alloy line is easier to flare that plain steel. Fed hill is great for all the connectors.

Mercedesrover
08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Do yourself a huge favor and order an Automec kit from George at RDS. You'll thank me in the morning.

yorker
08-31-2010, 04:25 PM
IIRC Rovahfarm has the Automec kits too.

KevinNY
08-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Do yourself a huge favor and order an Automec kit from George at RDS. You'll thank me in the morning.

Didn't know about those, absolutely agree with going that route.

chester rides again
09-02-2010, 12:24 PM

Thank you... George at RDS refered me to Trevor at RovahFarm as RDS was out of stock. Two very professional gentlemen.

Saved a bundle in time and $ - no flaring tool, learing to flare... and got the exact copper based tubing I was looking for.