PDA

View Full Version : like my euro 2.6

Donnie
08-31-2010, 05:44 PM
I am very happy with my '67 109...Euro 6 cyl.........in the 8 0r 9 years that I have had it I have only done reg maintenance : points, plugs, cond. oel & filter & 1 valve adjustment..With the overdrive & 16 inch wheels it hums along with traffic on my 30 mile trip to the swap meets...I have never done a fuel mileage check, but I do not think it is excessive...Speedo is broken, so I use a GPS for calculating speed..I'll do a mileage check again, the last time was about 17 mpg over 4 tank fill ups. The methanol has taken its toll on fuel consumption I'll run it again....I also have a spare engine & a lot of parts . A friend converted to a chevy 6 & I bought all he had for a ham sandwich,,,,I am going to go with Bosch plugs this time, just because I like Bosch products..no other reason..Donnie
So you junked your 2.6 for a diesel, not a bad idea...I probably would run a diesel too, but this runs too sweet for me to change....I am running a lot of other diesel's.....some on WVO.....Happy camper

SafeAirOne
08-31-2010, 09:21 PM
ISo you junked your 2.6 for a diesel, not a bad idea...I probably would run a diesel too, but this runs too sweet for me to change....I am running a lot of other diesel's.....some on WVO.....Happy camper

17mpg is pretty respectable. I've got nothing against the 2.6--I was looking for a 5-door 109 with a dead engine as a home for . The one I found just happened to have a non-running euro 2.6 in it.

Nice to have the extra room on the 6-cyl bulkhead, but the 6-cyl engine and transmission bellhousing have a different bolt pattern than all the 4-cylinder engines (including the 2.5D). That was a bit inconvenient.