PDA

View Full Version : For your amusement.

amcordo
09-01-2010, 09:29 AM
http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f37/i-knew-range-rovers-were-gay-but-ffs-116718.html

crankin
09-01-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm digging it. Get myself some buttless chaps, a nice little mohawk going, maybe a choker…

SalemRover
09-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Did he diamond plate the sun visors too? Needs more cowbell.

gudjeon
09-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't want to make any thread into a religious one, but Good Lord!:eek:

LR Max
09-01-2010, 10:59 AM
From what I can tell...it still has open diffs AND useless boggers :sly:

Might be a good platform for a rock crawler since the body work has been re-done. Ditch the everything below the chassis and diamond plate and it might just be ok.

I Leak Oil
09-01-2010, 11:12 AM
That's AWESOME!!!! You guys have no taste....

lrdukdog
09-01-2010, 02:34 PM
That would sell ASAP in San Francisco.
Jim Wolf

NickDawson
09-01-2010, 03:05 PM
straight out of Mad Max!
Two man enter, one man leave

disco2hse
09-01-2010, 08:11 PM
ROTFLOL

What a POS.

FULL STEEL TUBULAR ROLL CAGE WELDED TO CHASSIS
FRONT + REAR TOW EYES WELDED TO CHASSIS
ROCK/TREE SLIDERS WELDED TO CHASSIS
STAINLESS STEEL SNORKEL WELDED TO ROLL CAGE
FRONT BUMPER WELDED TO CHASSIS

Death on wheels :eek:

HEAD LIGHT WATER JETS FITTED IN PLACE OF ORIGINAL WATER JETS
WITH BIGGER PUMP. CLEANS WINDSCREEN FASTER WHEN AT SPEED

Must be some damn big pump.

Annnd..

Two front tyres and one rear are on back to front :D

mongoswede
09-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Looks like a normal trials rig to me. Maybe not the ultimate build but made for a specific purpose. Its not pretty but then again most of those trials trucks are not....gets to be expensive keeping it pretty when you tear the fenders off every other weekend.

disco2hse
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Trials truck?? I don't think so. At least not around here. It wouldn't make it past scrutineering.

These would all be points of failure for a scrutineer.

Roll cage is likely to be fixed to the body work in some place and so needs to have flexible mountings to prevent welds from breaking. Also, mountings need to be with rated high tensile bolts. Welds can easily break and suffer from metal fatigue and stress fractures.

Not sure what is meant by "Tow eyes", but if they are rated recovery hooks, then they cannot be welded to the chassis. They must be attached with rated high tensile bolts otherwise people might and do die when they fail. If not rated recover hooks, then they will not be passed anyway. Looking at them, they look like bent bars.

As with roll cage above. They need to be attached to the chassis with rated high tensile bolts.

As with above. Need to be attached with rated high tensile bolts.

The idiot light display on the front might look ok on a rally car but on this, if it were a trials truck they are in the wrong place (actually no, looks pretty rubbish on a rally car too).

http://webhome.idirect.com/%7Ecraig/suz/SWTRENT.JPG

There is no protection for the oil cooler and radiator.

The awful bling plating only adds weight to the vehicle, which is something you do not want on a trials truck. It's actually quite easy to bash any dents out of a bent body panel. You don't need industrial flooring.

Can see no underbody protection. The front steering arms are especially vulnerable.

There's more, but that's enough.

gudjeon
09-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Looks like he loved welding.:rolleyes:

mongoswede
09-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Easy tiger I only said it "looks" like a trials rig. I didn't say it was a bonafide professionally built work of art. It just looks like a truck someone made for offroad. I personally think it looks like a piece of crap...but I have seen a lot of well built off road machines that look about the same :D

Trials truck?? I don't think so. At least not around here. It wouldn't make it past scrutineering.

These would all be points of failure for a scrutineer.

Roll cage is likely to be fixed to the body work in some place and so needs to have flexible mountings to prevent welds from breaking. Also, mountings need to be with rated high tensile bolts. Welds can easily break and suffer from metal fatigue and stress fractures.

Not sure what is meant by "Tow eyes", but if they are rated recovery hooks, then they cannot be welded to the chassis. They must be attached with rated high tensile bolts otherwise people might and do die when they fail. If not rated recover hooks, then they will not be passed anyway. Looking at them, they look like bent bars.

As with roll cage above. They need to be attached to the chassis with rated high tensile bolts.

As with above. Need to be attached with rated high tensile bolts.

The idiot light display on the front might look ok on a rally car but on this, if it were a trials truck they are in the wrong place (actually no, looks pretty rubbish on a rally car too).

http://webhome.idirect.com/%7Ecraig/suz/SWTRENT.JPG

There is no protection for the oil cooler and radiator.

The awful bling plating only adds weight to the vehicle, which is something you do not want on a trials truck. It's actually quite easy to bash any dents out of a bent body panel. You don't need industrial flooring.

Can see no underbody protection. The front steering arms are especially vulnerable.

There's more, but that's enough.

disco2hse
09-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Easy tiger I only said it "looks" like a trials rig. I didn't say it was a bonafide professionally built work of art. It just looks like a truck someone made for offroad. I personally think it looks like a piece of crap...but I have seen a lot of well built off road machines that look about the same :D

It's ok :)

There is a reasonably large number of trials trucks around here. Obviously there are different classes. This one 'might' fit into the club class but not with a whole lot of remedial work.

Personally I think it would sell. Rip all the rubbish off it and stick an 8 point roll cage on it and the required safety equipment. Get rid of the stupid lift gear and drop the centre of gravity by two inches. Put in some fiddle brakes and you might just be starting to get there.

Then, sell the cast-off aluminium and maybe clear the mortgage on the house :D