PDA

View Full Version : to buy, or not to buy

Jim Draper
09-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I am looking for some help. I am considering buying a land rover, probably a discovery. I am familiar with jeep cherokees. I've had a few that went well over 200,000 miles with no troubles. But all good things must come to an end, and the cherokee has not been made since 2001. So, what kind of life could I expect out of a land rover. It would be a daily driver, and a weekend trail rig. I like to hit the trails, but it's nothing too serious. Thanks in advance for the advice.

msggunny
09-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I am looking for some help. I am considering buying a land rover, probably a discovery. I am familiar with jeep cherokees. I've had a few that went well over 200,000 miles with no troubles. But all good things must come to an end, and the cherokee has not been made since 2001. So, what kind of life could I expect out of a land rover. It would be a daily driver, and a weekend trail rig. I like to hit the trails, but it's nothing too serious. Thanks in advance for the advice.

I owned 2 Cherokees in the past and to be honest they dont compare in any way to a disco, except for the huge aftermarket thats out there for them and that they are everywhere.

Life of an LR depends on how meticulous the prior owner(s) are as far as maintenance and care of the vehicle. Look for one that was owned by an "enthusiast" and not a "soccer mom". Still there are some inherent issues with any Land Rover that may rear its ugly head, but no more than you would expect from a used vehicle.

Ask questions, do research, then find a good one and take the plunge.

You will most likely never go back to a Heep after you do.