PDA

View Full Version : Sir Alfred lives!!!!

SeriesShorty
09-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Folks, it's been a long hard year. Almost exactly a year in fact. I've been working on this 24v to 12v conversion in spurts and with the cooler weather I've been able to tidy up the last minute details.

I worked on fitting the alt. and belt friday, spent most of today double checking everything, remounting the fuel pump to a better location and temporarily stuffing the battery in it's new home where the old air cleaner used to be.

After sweating bullets I finally got brave enough to turn the key to accessory. To my delight, the fuel pump starting running, the lights came on, and all my accessories work. Another deep breath and I bumped the key...the most beautiful sound of an engine turning over filled my ears. :D

Still more to do, but I wanted to share a huge milestone in my project with all of you who have been so helpful in my 2 years of ownership.

I think I'll be cracking open a bottle of wine this evening in celebration. If you're partaking in some liquid pleasure yourself, then please raise your glass with me!

Nite all!
Jen

Nium
09-04-2010, 09:24 PM
:cheers:

:gulp:

:thumb-up:

Tim Smith
09-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Congrats!

NickDawson
09-05-2010, 11:17 AM
whoo-hoo! Congrats! That's got to be a great feeling!

BobJones
09-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Cheers! And congratulations.:cheers:

scatterling
09-06-2010, 05:44 AM
Congrats Jen.:thumb-up: