PDA

View Full Version : Touch Up Paint

ducttape
09-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Anyone know where to get Pastel Green and/or Limestone paint in small portions?

Our hosts don't seem to be answering their emails.

thx

stomper
09-14-2010, 01:51 PM
You can usually buy the pastel green paint (or any other color) at an automotive store that mixes paint. I use a place around here called Motor Supply, which uses Dupont paint systems. They can mix it in a spray can, or in quart sized containers. you can also get epoxy primer in spray cans, which you will need if you are trying to tough up bare metal.

They should be able to look up the Land Rover paint codes for you also. There is only one pastel green color for Land Rover.

The Hosts no longer carry paint, as I think it can't be shipped through the mail anymore.

rover_chump
09-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Greetings,

Land Rover doesn't supply touch up paint anymore.

Mixing code is 38504A (Dupont)

Most paint suppliers can either mix you up a "touch up"
or even put it an aerosol form for you.

Hope that helps.

Peace,
Art

TSR53
09-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Anyone know where to get Pastel Green and/or Limestone paint in small portions?

Our hosts don't seem to be answering their emails.

thx We have to go through a loads of emails everyday and we make every effort to try and respond to all requests. Quickest method is always via phone, 1-800-403-7591. Next fastest is through the forum and if you PM me, I'll usually respond within the day and I'm even known to help out over the weekend :rolleyes:.

Looks like Art beat me to it. Unfortunately, all touch-up paint is NLA from Land Rover. I hope this helps.

ducttape
09-14-2010, 07:14 PM
No problem. I figured the forum would be second best. I just wanted to give you guys a crack at it first.

I have seen many sites with the DuPont numbers. Now I know that is the way to go. Thx all

d

TedW
09-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Look them up on the interwebs. They do DuPont and PPG - your choice. I got Centari enamel - perfect mixed match for pastel green, even when buying at different times. Their spray cans do an awesome job.

They were closed for a while due to a fire, but are back up and running. Just give them the paint code you want and they will do the rest.