X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bostonian1976
    5th Gear
    • Nov 2006

Looking for Someone to Help Weld Up my Bulkhead

I'm trying to get my blue Rover pieced together by end of summer, and the only way that's going to happen is getting a helping hand/hiring someone to weld up my rusty but not terrible bulkhead. It needs a post and two floorboards (I have all parts). Is anyone available to help out with this? Thanks...
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces
  • Jim-ME
    Overdrive
    • Oct 2006

Jason,
    Three people come to mind; Matt Browne at Overland Engineering; Carey Knause in Warren; or Pete who is a member here. I know Matt and Carey very well and Mark M. (Granite Rover) bought his 88 from Pete.
    Jim

Comment

• Bostonian1976
      5th Gear
      • Nov 2006

thanks Jim!

I had been working with Pete to get this done, but I think he may be busy now..not sure.

Can you email me the others' contact info if you have it handy? I'm at jasonmgottlieb@gmail.com

thank you again
      '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Comment

• Jim-ME
        Overdrive
        • Oct 2006

Consider it done.
        Jim

Comment

• SafeAirOne
          Overdrive
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Bostonian1976
          I'm trying to get my blue Rover pieced together by end of summer, and the only way that's going to happen is getting a helping hand/hiring someone to weld up my rusty but not terrible bulkhead. It needs a post and two floorboards (I have all parts). Is anyone available to help out with this? Thanks...

I can help you out, though I can't be held to the same level of accountability as someone that you'd pay to do the work. My only qualifications are that 1) I'm nearby 2) I own a MIG welder and 3) My own bulkhead rework hasn't fallen apart yet.

PM me if you want to get together.

BTW...when does summer end? 4 or 5 more months is it?...
          --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
          (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• Bostonian1976
            5th Gear
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by SafeAirOne
            I can help you out, though I can't be held to the same level of accountability as someone that you'd pay to do the work. My only qualifications are that 1) I'm nearby 2) I own a MIG welder and 3) My own bulkhead rework hasn't fallen apart yet.

PM me if you want to get together.

BTW...when does summer end? 4 or 5 more months is it?...
            Mark - the hedgehog in my backyard saw his shadow the other day, so that means summer is extended til December, right?

thanks for the offer! Be careful I may just take you up on it! (I have NO idea how to weld, by the way...)

Comment

Working...