X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msggunny
    5th Gear
    • Jan 2007

How many Rovers qualifies as a "Fleet"?

Just bought my 5th Rover, so now i have a total of 4 in my possession.

Its a 72 SIII 88 with a galvi frame, extra 2.25 and a frozen 2.25. Has a Fairy OD and a hard top.

With this one i should be able to graft my 77 with it and make a decent rover.
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)
  • Terrys
    Overdrive
    • May 2007

4 makes the beginings of a good fleet. That '72 sounds pretty good.
    I've been up to 6, but just two now.I just bought a '73 this summer, starting my third dozen. Yes, I'm certifiable. My son has 4, so the acorn yada yada.

Comment

• DuckDoc
      Low Range
      • Jul 2010

Well, I just added 3 more trucks from my recent trip to Europe, so, it's 7 now........not that I am boasting, or anything
      1993 NAS 110 300tdi conversion
      1985 90 300 tdi (from Italy)
      1985 90 prototype
      1983 S3 88" Safari SW

Comment

• RoverForm
        3rd Gear
        • Jul 2010

how can you guys have so many vehicles? i mean i understand hoarding rovers... but i'm just thinking about:

space?
        money?
        time?

Comment

• msggunny
          5th Gear
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by RoverForm
          how can you guys have so many vehicles? i mean i understand hoarding rovers... but i'm just thinking about:

space?
          money?
          time?
          Space: just moved into a house with a 2 car garage and a shed. 1 SIII is outside the shed under a tarp and the other is in various pieces awaiting me to get off my butt and pull the engine so i can start to morph the two into one. The 2 disco's live in the garage and are DD's.

Money: still working on that one! (the project SIII's get what's left over after the 2 DD's required preventative maintenance and other bills. All 4 are paid off so all i have is a gas/maintenance bill for them)

Time: i have a very liberal schedule when time off is concerned, however when i do work its long and tiring. That may change in a few years if i get stationed at another unit or if i retire from Uncle Sam's Misguided Children and have to get a "real" job....
          First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
          77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
          Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
          04 DII
          08 D3 (LR3)

Comment

• AU_88
            1st Gear
            • Nov 2010

I have 3 right now and will probably get another one next year... Two live with me in Auburn and the other lives in my garage at my house in ATL.
            WAR EAGLE!

65 IIa 88
            95 RRC 25th Anniversary
            98 Discovery LE7
            00 DII (Sold)

Comment

Working...