PDA

View Full Version : RoverDrive Maintenance?

GeoffWillis
09-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Anybody out there have experience with the RoverDrive brand overdrive units? I'm getting ready to drop the engine back into my 110 and figgured I'll service the transmission and xfer case while access is easy. What fluids does the factory recommend for the LT77 and 203? The "Green book" recommends ATF, which I just want to verify, would have thought 90wt gear oil??? According to the RoverDrive web site, the unit get it's lubricating fluid from the xfer case, so I guess there is no maintenance for the unit itself???? Engine is all put back together and ready to go back in, Should have time this week to get it running again!
Geoff

robert wood
10-07-2010, 08:02 AM
I'd be very surprised if the Roverdrive required any internal maintainance unless it's run a zillion miles.

There are a some upgrades you can do to a Defender Roverdrive if if is an older one with a 'Rocky Mountain' label. 1. You can upgrade the shift lever to the latest type that comes up through the center console boot. 2. You can upgrade the front cover to the latest type which is designed to run cooler with high horsepower motors like chipped TD5s and International 2.8s. This is hardly worth doing with if you are running a 200Td1.

Ray in Vancouver

Terrys
10-07-2010, 08:27 AM
ATF in the LT-77 and R-380 (though some claim MTF, not me) EP90 in the LT-230.