PDA

View Full Version : Bloody bsf 2ba screws, speedo fixin...

Lord Icon
09-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Well I have learned all I can about the mysterious bsf thread pitch.. The po had removed the speedo cable and was not nice enough to leave the 3 screws in the holes , rather he has them somewhere for future use in his garage.
I have called on every known Rover parts supplier. I am told that Les has a small supply . I said bugger it.
I now have in transit from a nice screw and bolt supplier from the UK, a small batch of 1000 of these screws.
If anybody needs them , please call on me and I will spread the wealth.
Kris

Lord Icon
10-02-2010, 05:01 PM
I have both deliveries of the miserable small weird thread pitch cheesehead slotted buggers.
I ordered from the UK the proper 1/4 length, I also hedged my bets and ordered a stash from down under at the 5/16 size. Both came in today. Funny how the post is the same speed from Victoria Au as it is from Kent UK.
Now where is that speedo cable....?
:thumb-up:

albersj51
10-02-2010, 05:15 PM
You're a good man, Mr Icon!

Lord Icon
10-09-2010, 08:36 PM
There was some question as to the length of the required little 2ba bugger. I just set the speedo in George the series 3 and the 1/4 inch length fits well. One less thing on my "to do " list before the winter romp...
just an fyi...
Cheers.
As I cannot drink, Won't some one PLEASE have a beer for me?
I've been brewing from a young guy, learned from my moonshiner grand dad. Developed a nasty allergy to any alcohol around the age of 25-26, now hives , stop breathing, yadda yadda yadda.... Did I mention I need a beer?
God truly has a sense of humor...

lrdukdog
10-09-2010, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE As I cannot drink, Won't some one PLEASE have a beer for me?
I've been brewing from a young guy, learned from my moonshiner grand dad. Developed a nasty allergy to any alcohol around the age of 25-26, now hives , stop breathing, yadda yadda yadda.... Did I mention I need a beer?
God truly has a sense of humor...[/QUOTE]

Now that is what I call a true CURSE!!!:( Damn shame that.
Jim Wolf