PDA

View Full Version : Guy Fawkes 2010- East Springfield, NY

yorker
09-28-2010, 02:42 PM
A couple people here were asking about this earlier- Howard has finally sent out the official invite:
:thumb-up:

Guy Fawkes 2010 Invite... RSPV!‏
9/26/10

Sent: Sun 9/26/10 7:10 PM
To:

5 weeks to go - I guess I should let you know things are still go for

GUY FAWKES '10

Rover do at Howard and Marties farm, UpState NY. (15 mins North of Cooperstown)

Off roading, casual atmosphere, Sat night Bonfire and generally a good time.

Trails offer something for everyone - beginner, no scratching etc., up to challenging with seriously fitted vehicles and it all happens where others can watch.... You might even get stuck!

No real changes from last year, pretty much same old same old.

If you don't know where we are, let me know!

Martie will be doing some food as usuall, so please give me a heads up as to potential arrival - day, evening, or after hrs etc., and approx head count - unless you are totally self catering.
Partiucarly important if you plan to arrive Thur evening.

Schedule:

Thursday: Welcome to show up anytime, there will still be work in progress, tent'ish thing to go up, wood to saw/stack for the small welcoming fire pits, I'll be around somewhere.

Those arriving late-late know where the floor is, door will be open and dog will be warm.

Friday:
Breakfast in the house - subject to numbers. HINT HINT
Scouting new trails and generally getting 'Jiggy with it'.
Collecting firewood, dropping dead trees etc.
Lunch and dinner will be what ever we can throw together with stuff you bring and what we have. No compulsory Marmite.

Pizzas etc., may be the way to go for dinner.

Saturday: Breakfast at 'KC's' Diner at the end of the road. Open at 8 am - so I expect those staying there or Meadowlark to get the heck up and join the rest of us!

All children are invited to help me make a "Guy" again after breakfast in the barn.

Lunch will be an amalgam of cold stuff snacks etc, in the tent/big trailer over the road.
Martie is doing Chilly or something else warm for the evening, I'll have the grill going over the road for communal burgers etc.

Big bonfire for all to warm by will be spectacularly lit after dark.

Sunday: Diner open at 8am for their buffet.

Trailing and more of the same etc.

Other Info
For those who haven't been here before, there are a couple of do's and don'ts - reasonably straight forward - common sense really as this is our home and a working horse farm with hay fields and of course this all happens with the grace of my wife Martie.

Large Tree trimings can be dragged to fire. PLEASE!

House driveway/MUD; Keep all vehicles over the road unless in need of repair, airing up for the trip home or powerwashing (a must for Canadians - NY dirt not allowed up there).....

PLEASE TRY TO RUN CARS UP/DOWN
THE ROAD TO EMPTY MUDDY TYRES
BEFORE COMING UP DRIVEWAY. THANKS

Serious Repairs; Plenty of capable help/equipment etc., will be on hand if you need it. Get intouch with me if you can't sort your self out or for shop tools, welder etc.

Fields; Keep to the edges of the fields at all times unless marked differently.

Glass/lense damage; Please pick up any damaged indicators/turn signals/side windows etc., do not leave on trails or in camping field.

Porta John from Fri pm.

House; No boots in the house please - room in mud room for boots and coats.

Dogs; Please keep to field side of road please. (Loose dogs have ended up in house when accidentally let in by non dog owners, after the owners were being responsible - which is not really fair on Riley - our dog)

Horses can be "petted' through/at fences ...

Children; Please do not let children into the horse paddocks.
Keep out of new round bale shed. Stacked 3 high and not so steady therefore dangerous.

Tents can be put up in the outdoor arena - parking adjacent but outside of it.

Trailers and road tyres will be given the best shot for exit, so don't crowd the field entrance/bonfire area with Rovers (and others).

Previous Guy Fawkers can go wherever, you know the trails, newbies can get a tour if wanted or just hang with the veterans.

CAMP CHAIRS; A Must but have them labeled - you know... like your underware!

Gas - Toms, back to 20 then West 4 miles, is open from 7 am till 6 pm. At the light Springfield Center.

Diesel - Nearest is Richfield Springs so be full when you arrive.

Thursday and early Friday arrivers welcome to 'crash' in the house or barn or the new indoor arena - please come up and pull around the circle, unload then park your truck over the road. We will need to get in and out, plus potential repair requirements.
- Dogs ARE welcome to sleep in the mud room over night only, but please keep them there - not in the house. Please do not let dogs harass barn cats.

Only 'English' English will be spoken - so no 'fenders', 'hoods', 'al-oo-min-um' or 'wrenches' etc - Not even Jag-war! (its wings, bonnets, al-U-min-ee-um, 'spanners' and
Jag-U-R), Tyres is spelled with a "Y" and colour has a "U".
Oh and anyone who doesn't know who Guy Fawkes is will be blagarded!

Safe trip. See you whenever.

Howard

2011 will be (3), 4, 5, & 6, of Nov

Bring dishes to pass, beer, snacks, beverages, grilling stuff etc., as you see fit - Martie will be cooking/shopping but we still have absolutely no Idea how many are coming - so PLEASE just reply to this Yay, nay with a rough head count. Let me know if you cant come but want an 2010 invite or if you want to be taken off of the list altogether.

NB - There is no fees or signing-in, but a donation bucket will be placed in an obvious spot! Thanks in advance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=east+springfield+NY&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=East+Springfield,+Otsego,+New+York&gl=us&ei=78agTLujLYKclgf45ambCg&ved=0CBMQ8gEwAA&ll=42.850276,-74.771914&spn=0.001758,0.003428&t=h&z=18

Roverowner
09-29-2010, 07:27 PM
What are the dates for this year? Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see them in the post.

yorker
09-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Guy Fawkes 2010 is (4), 5, 6, & 7 of Nov

http://gunsandrovers.yuku.com/topic/5813?page=1

yorker
10-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Ok is anyone from here going to go? How about you Les?:thumb-up:

KevinNY
10-28-2010, 07:34 PM
I'll be there Sat. and camping out post Bonfire.

Les Parker
10-29-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm travelling down Sat. and staying Sat. night.
(Its me birthday Sunday !)
Hope to see lots of folks there.

:thumb-up:

Eric W S
10-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Bit of a haul from Chicago. Once Jurassic is done I may go that year...

EwS

yorker
10-29-2010, 01:14 PM
I think there have been people there from as far as Nova Scotia, Virginia, and Arizona before. The Arizona one was just passing through though.

It should be a lot of fun. It looks like there will be a decent # of Series trucks this year.

Les Parker
11-05-2010, 03:24 PM
:(

Due to an unexpected faily crisis, I'll not be making the trip this weekend.
I'll be lighting a Guy and letting some fireworks off, though !

Hope you all have a great weekend.

yorker
11-10-2010, 07:14 AM
I'm sorry you guys couldn't make it- it was a fun event. Not as big as in prior years but there was a good # of trucks there and plenty of mud to play in. Howard opened up some new trails as well. It was cold as hell but at least there was no rain or snow for the weekend.

I have posted some pics up here:
http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/showthread.php?44-Guy-Fawkes-(4)-5-6-7-November-2010&p=1245#post1245

I'll see if I can put more up as I get the chance.

Hopefully more of you will be able to make it next year. Guy Fawkes 2011 will be 2011 will be (3), 4, 5, & 6, of Nov.