PDA

View Full Version : Wise Owl/RoverPark

SGS714
09-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Anybody know whats going on with these guys? I have a decent order for them (Stuff RN doesn't sell) and can't get ahold of them. Tried calling both toll free and other # numerious times and left messages. Send email. Never get a response. They do change their message everyday to state the date. This has been going on for a week now.

I Leak Oil
09-29-2010, 01:17 PM
I have a friend, and fellow board member here, who has had similar experience. No you're not special...:D

Bostonian1976
09-29-2010, 01:34 PM
been there, got the t-shirt.

email them here...sales@wiseowlparts.com

then call them.

Eventually it'll work out :) I had some Rocky Mtn window frames (unglazed) and they put together a whole kit with glass, hardware, tracks etc for me and shipped it last month.

They're still there

fred98050
09-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Anybody know whats going on with these guys? I have a decent order for them (Stuff RN doesn't sell) and can't get ahold of them. Tried calling both toll free and other # numerious times and left messages. Send email. Never get a response. They do change their message everyday to state the date. This has been going on for a week now.

Kind of new here but I have already experienced some communication problem with them.

I found that emails were the way to go (they never called me back when I left voice mails).

At the end it worked out but it took some time....

Hope you get your issues resolved soon.

F

jac04
09-30-2010, 06:48 AM
I had communication issues with them as well. It's really too bad that they don't respond promptly. It is a fact in the business world that the majority of people will buy something from you if you just respond quickly (whether it be a price quote, product question, etc.). I spent my money elsewhere.

I Leak Oil
09-30-2010, 08:41 AM
..... It is a fact in the business world that the majority of people will buy something from you if you just respond quickly (whether it be a price quote, product question, etc.). I spent my money elsewhere.

There's a lot of truth there.....I haven't shopped at Wise Owl and couple other vendors for this exact reason. Others are perfectly willing to work for my money. I have better things to do with my time then chase parts when someone else will pickup the phone and have them shipped the same day.

BobJones
09-30-2010, 07:16 PM
It really is a shame, as a Canadian I wanted to support a Canadian Business. But I never did get through to them. I don't have time or patients for e-mailing back and forth to make an order. During five years of restoring my SERII, RN got all of my business, and they earned it. Best web site too, I can't stand useless websites.

ybt502r
09-30-2010, 10:45 PM
I've had the same problem. I tried to order some basic parts this summer. Left a message but no return call. When I finally spoke with someone, I was told that there had been a family emergency, so I was willing to cut them some slack. But it still took follow-up emails to get my order, and then it was incomplete, and when I tried to get the order filled, I was told that they didn't carry that part anymore. I think they just wanted me gone by then, as the catalogue still shows the stuff. They are just up the road and I want to order inside Canada, but this is taking customer service really too far. I've fallen back to my old solution, buy from RN and then carry it back to Canada. I hope they read this and shape up, personally.

vkjar
10-03-2010, 11:47 PM
That is interesting. I have never really had an issue with them. I have had a few orders in the last few months that have always come through. even just recently in the last few weeks, blew my water pump send email and received it within the week. I know through another forum that one of the Nault brothers was in the hospital i believe from a rover fire! friends and family were stepping in to keep the orders going which was the cause of some delay. but I have always recieved my orders within a reasonable time unless they were out of stock and had to wait for their order to come in. I will always be there to support them!

DADAMS
10-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I've just recently placed an order for a couple items that our hosts don't carry. It did take a second try to get through, but I placed the order and got my bundle fairly quickly considering its clear across the continent.

Phone is definately more effective than email.

s3landy
10-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Apparently one of the brothers(Dana or Mark) got burned pretty bad this summer but am unsure of the details.This could have been cause for delay as it would be a one person operation.

Mike

SGS714
10-09-2010, 05:59 AM
I sent email and fax yesterday again and got a reply that requested a phone number to call.....hope they call, believe it was Mark that replied.