PDA

View Full Version : Movie Production Needs Old WI License Plate

Jeff Aronson
09-29-2010, 03:26 PM
A friend has written a screenplay and will be producing a short film here in Maine. When she asked for advice on an appropriate car to use in the movie, naturally I recommended a Land Rover. Instead of requesting my II-A for her film, she has opted instead for a stunning Range Rover Classic restored by Taylor Congleton. Go figure!

Now she's asked for a Wisconsin license plate for the car. Is there anyone on the Forum who would have an old Wisconsin plate [or two] that they could send me for the shoot? I would need it for about 2 weeks and could then return it.

PM me or send me an email at jeff.aronson@roversnorth.com.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

rejeep
09-29-2010, 05:20 PM
How old is old?

LaneRover
09-29-2010, 11:58 PM
I think I have everything BUT a Wisconsin plate. OK maybe not everything.

I do have a friend in Scarborough who collects plates.

Brent

ShootingCar
09-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Jeff, I am Wisc and have a couple of WI plates from about 2000 which are the newer white ones. I have friends with vintage cars that probably have the older cheese colored yellow plates. What do you need? Jeff

J!m
09-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Let me know too Jeff.

I have a collection going back to the 60's; however mainly from the Northeast. I have Hawaii, Alaska and Northwest Territories (the bear shaped plate) for sure, so I might have what you need.

Please be specific as to what you require for the forum and I'm sure we can hook you up!

And, does it HAVE to be WI? Would any adjacent state's vintage plate be acceptable?

Jeff Aronson
09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
For the purposes of this film, it has to be Wisconsin. Anything from the 1990's into the 2000's would be fine.

Thanks!

Jeff