PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover Magazines?

stomper
10-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Does anyone here subscribe to a Land Rover Magazine? I used to get Land Rover Enthusiast, which has now ended production, and been absorbed into LRM. I bought an issue of LRM, and was rather disappointed. Looking for suggestions, my Birthday is coming. Preferably something with more Series Land Rover articles vs. the newer models.

Lindy
10-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Rovers North has a great mag, and best of all, it's free!

Monkeyboy
10-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Rovers North has a great mag, and best of all, it's free!

Eric! You are alive!

Are you coming to coffee in the morning? Same place ~08:30

Back to you regularly scheduled program....

KAA

Wander
10-09-2010, 11:30 AM
I've not found a LR magazine that has a series focus in any bookstore. All of the British publications will have a classic section like LRM or LRO but it's so rare I find those in a bookstore.

Maybe the figure series owners must not be readers because if we were we would not own a series!:D

It's not a LR series focused publication but may I recommend Overland Journal. It's a beautifully produced quarterly with well written articles about overland travel and very detailed product tests. I enjoy the travel/adventure articles and the photography the most. No association other than being a subscriber.

Terrys
10-09-2010, 01:56 PM
LRE wasn't all tht bad, but I was pretty dissapointed when they were absorbed by LRM, which of the remaining 3, is my least favorite. LROI seems to have more series related articals, but the problem is, because the are UK based, and the series hasn't reached the level of enthusiast's attention as here, they tend to write little about them. I like my Defender (even after all these years) but I'm a little sick of the attention they get from the UK rags.

stomper
10-10-2010, 07:21 AM
I have thought about the Overland Journal, but I really do enjoy the Series rigs and all their oddities, which I am sure is not the focus of Overland. The cost of the Overland Journal, while steep, is nothing compared to what I used to spend on LRE being shipped to my door from the UK (something like $80 a year). I wish it was more than a quarterly publication, I need a monthly fix of Land Rovers in the winter.

Rovers North does have a great mag, again, I wish it came out more often!

So the only options are Land Rover Monthly, and Land Rovers Owners International? Terry, you mentioned three magazines available. which one am I missing here?

lrdukdog
10-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Why, Land-Rover World of course.:sly:
Jim Wolf

disco2hse
10-10-2010, 02:58 PM
LRE wasn't all tht bad, but I was pretty dissapointed when they were absorbed by LRM, which of the remaining 3, is my least favorite. LROI seems to have more series related articals, but the problem is, because the are UK based, and the series hasn't reached the level of enthusiast's attention as here, they tend to write little about them. I like my Defender (even after all these years) but I'm a little sick of the attention they get from the UK rags.

Interesting thoughts there. You know they are mostly the same journalists ;)

LRM has the classics section now (thanks to LRE). Series 1's are getting rare there now and so you are getting restoration articles. The thing is, there's only so much you can write about without it all getting a little repetitive.

Terrys
10-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Interesting thoughts there. You know they are mostly the same journalists ;)

LRM has the classics section now (thanks to LRE). Series 1's are getting rare there now and so you are getting restoration articles. The thing is, there's only so much you can write about without it all getting a little repetitive.

Another thing the 3 have in common: Take out the ads for cheap Chineese tools, knockoff parts, tires, and Insurance companies, and there wouldn't be enough left to sop up the oil on my barn floor.

disco2hse
10-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Another thing the 3 have in common: Take out the ads for cheap Chineese tools, knockoff parts, tires, and Insurance companies, and there wouldn't be enough left to sop up the oil on my barn floor.

:D

You mean there's still quite a lot :p

stomper
10-11-2010, 06:33 AM
I guess I will have to get a sample issue of Overland Journal, and get my rover fix through the various forums. I'm currently re-reading all my LRE issues, and starting a binder with all the DYI articles and resto articles that purtain to the Series trucks. Never know when you may need them!