PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Tools - Where to buy in US

Duckman
10-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I am trying to find the pioneer tools (shovel and pick) for my Series III Lightweight rear tailgate. I have found them on Ebay UK, but nothing in the states.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Andy

Terrys
10-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Home Depot has the old fashioned 2 piece pick and handle. Nothing fancy about a spade, unless you want one with the Tee handle which is perfectly horrible to use.

LaneRover
10-11-2010, 09:00 AM
If you don't care too much about originality I would start shopping around at Army/Navy stores and a GOOD hardware stores. Not saying that the Home Depot idea isn't a good one but if it isn't what you are looking for then a good local hardware store may be more helpful.

Even if they don't have what you are specifically looking for they can probably order it.

If you do care about originality you may just have to sit and wait til you find exactly what you want. Of course once you have found one set about 5 more will suddenly be available!

If you don't want to order from EBay UK have you looked at the Paddocks website in the UK?

Brent

jac04
10-11-2010, 09:13 AM
The shovel on the Lightweight has a very shallow angle to it. I have never seen one shallow enough at any hardware store. Make sure you get the proper length Lightweight shovel, as they differ from the short ones used on the 101s.

lrdukdog
10-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Another place to try is http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/military-surplus-tools.aspx?d=122&c=2&s=58
Jim Wolf

Duckman
10-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. Turns out our own Rovern North has the pieces - just kinda burried on their webpage. I have them on order now and can't wait to get them on the Landy.

Andy

jac04
10-15-2010, 05:05 PM
^^ Umm, you may want to put a stop to that order. They don't have the correct parts for the Lightweight. I've already been down that road. Even the shovel handle, although listed under the correct part number, isn't right.

Now, maybe I'm wrong and they now have the correct parts available. Post a link to what you ordered.