PDA

View Full Version : O/D instal

msggunny
10-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Ok, so i am going to pull my Fairy/Superwinch OD this weekend most likely, especially if i get the seat box out so i dont have to live under the thing.

I have read the RDS instillation instructions but i have a few questions.

Removing the main-shaft nut in the tcase. it states to use a special spanner, 600300, is this required or can i get away with using something else? If not is the "special" spanner something common to British cars? There is a Leyland guy down the road and i may be able to borrow it from him.

Is there any difference between a 72 NADA tcase and a 77 ROW as far as installing an OD?

I have yet to open up a tcase so this should be new and exciting for me....

KevinNY
10-12-2010, 07:39 AM
You can easily do it from underneath and through the center panel in the seat box. The "special Spanner" is a castleated socket, a flat punch or chisel and a hammer can often break it loose and then it spins right off having been living in an oil bath. You will need the original mainshaft gear and rear bearing housing though that came off when the OD was installed.

Erik B
10-12-2010, 07:47 AM
check this link out...http://www.roversnorth.com/store/searchadv.aspx?SearchTerm=rnt0002

TedW
10-12-2010, 08:20 AM
You just need to come and get it in Falmouth. Email me at ted@ggdirect.com.

bpj911
10-12-2010, 08:43 AM
I used the hammer and punch method. The castellated nut isn't apparently on very tight. 100 ft/lbs is what Ike mentioned. I have really like the overdrive but it does seem to add some extra noise. Some noise even when not engaged.