PDA

View Full Version : 58 series I

johnhlrbc
03-23-2007, 02:00 PM
hi I could use a little help appraising my 58 88" series I rover , A couple of guys asked about buying it , its road worthy except for the master cylinder could use a rebuild , body has some dents but I have another identical one I was going to use for its straight body panels if I restored it , I guess its a little unique in that it was a canadian govt. special order it has a rear mounted koenig pto winch and a p/u cab style top. My "parts" 88" series I is also complete but someone got a little to close to a small tree and crunched the drivers side fender in , just outside of the frame , frame looks ok. , its also has the safari top. it runs ,I was told but burns some oil. I also have a number of differentials , full floaters front and rear , I could take a few pics , if anyone would like to see them .
thanks
John

daveb
03-23-2007, 03:02 PM
hi I could use a little help appraising my 58 88" series I rover , .....snip......, I could take a few pics , if anyone would like to see them .
thanks
John

I doubt they are worth very much at all. You should get rid of them before they bring your property value down. In fact, I won't charge you too much to get rid of them.

:D:D:D:D

sayers
03-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Lets see some photos of it and what you have done to it.

johnhlrbc
03-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Ok thanks , Ill post a few pics later today

johnhlrbc
03-25-2007, 05:56 PM
any ideas on value? the black 88 has nice straight quarter panels , the yellow is in pretty good cond. As for what I have done to it , not to much , it needed a axel [short rear] went though the brakes , everything was ok but the master cylinder , and it needs an exaust. the origional color is canary yellow , or close to it.