PDA

View Full Version : Help Whats This?

rosims
10-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Can any body tell what this bracket is for? My 1st Series to restore, was in peices when I got it.

Tim Smith
10-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Do you mean the bracket that is between the bulkhead floor and the frame? It strengthens up the floor boards and keeps the pedals from moving around when you are turning the steering wheel. When it gets loose, your truck will tend to accelerate on left turns and decelerate on right turns. Don't ask how I know this. ;)

LaneRover
10-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Do you mean the bracket that is between the bulkhead floor and the frame? It strengthens up the floor boards and keeps the pedals from moving around when you are turning the steering wheel. When it gets loose, your truck will tend to accelerate on left turns and decelerate on right turns. Don't ask how I know this. ;)

I think he has the bracket circled just above the transmission tunnel.

Tim Smith
10-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Oh I thought that was some twine. Doh.

I have no idea what that one does. I've been looking under the hood of my lightweight too long and I don't think I have one of those.

kevin-ct
10-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Maybe a better photo would help!

Triumphdaytona2007
10-13-2010, 08:25 PM
im not sure what it is i just looked at my 3 rovers and none of them have one

rosims
10-14-2010, 05:43 PM
The truck is a diesel if that makes any difference and has a hand throttle. I was just wondering what it was for. I'll leave it on there, its not in the way. thanks for the help

txffjim
10-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Its the ultra rare doololly holder. No really I don't know, mine doesn't have anything like that.

73series88
10-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Its one of those rare "DIY" custom applications. my series 3 had them all over. you should feel lucky.

no really i dont know either.
sorry,
aaron

NRutterbush
10-17-2010, 12:51 AM
I checked out my '61 diesel. It has the same bracket. Nothing is hooked up to it. Since my bulkhead is out and sitting on the garage floor, I'm trying to think of what might have been hooked there.

My photos of when the truck showed up don't really show anything.

I'm thinking (guessing with the help of beer) that it looks like a spring would attach there. Maybe a throttle return or idle stop, or something?

It seems pretty beefy for a spring attachment.

If you figure it out, please post it up.

-Nate

adkrover
11-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Tim,

I have been puzzled for a long time on why my engine races on a hard cranked left turn. I always figured the linkage was being bumped somehow but never got around to having someone crank the wheel while I watched. What bracket is it that I need to be looking at?

Thanks

LaneRover
11-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Tim,

I have been puzzled for a long time on why my engine races on a hard cranked left turn. I always figured the linkage was being bumped somehow but never got around to having someone crank the wheel while I watched. What bracket is it that I need to be looking at?

Thanks

gas or diesel?

siiirhd88
11-08-2010, 04:56 AM
You can also check for a broken engine mount rubber. As you turn left the engine would lean to the right, stretching the linkage.

Bob