PDA

View Full Version : Bushings: leaf and parabolic the same?

crankin
10-13-2010, 09:15 PM
The PO installed paras on the truck and I have no idea who made them. I am looking to replace the bushings and was wondering how to find out what size I need. Are the bushings the same size that are on the leafs?

I Leak Oil
10-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Some yes, some no... Time to measure a couple.

stomper
10-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Off topic, but congratulations Clint on winning a coveted mug! :thumb-up:

robert wood
10-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Standard diameter is 1 -1/16 and I think most of the UK sold parabolics are the same and need frequent replacement if used hard off road.

Rocky Mounain uses larger ( 1-1/8?)in order to accommodate greater flex. You can tell if they are RM ones as the ends of the bushing are hard steel knurled lile a crown to bite into the shackle plates.'

Ray

crankin
10-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Standard diameter is 1 -1/16 and I think most of the UK sold parabolics are the same and need frequent replacement if used hard off road.

Rocky Mounain uses larger ( 1-1/8?)in order to accommodate greater flex. You can tell if they are RM ones as the ends of the bushing are hard steel knurled lile a crown to bite into the shackle plates.'

Ray

Ah. That is helpful! I do not have RM ones. :(

crankin
10-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Off topic, but congratulations Clint on winning a coveted mug! :thumb-up:

HA! Thanks! Its not here yet..but pretty excited about it. I am watching the mail box daily!!

stomper
10-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I got one in the last go round, (welcome to the club!) it will most likely be about 2-3weeks after the publication came out, so don't fret if it takes a while.:)