PDA

View Full Version : Tire mount

Tbedman
10-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi, I have a bonnett with a tire mount. I have most of the parts to mount the tire but I dont know how it mounts. Any one have a picture or discriptio n how to do it? thanks tim Edman Series IIA 109

NC_Mule
10-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi, I have a bonnett with a tire mount. I have most of the parts to mount the tire but I dont know how it mounts. Any one have a picture or discriptio n how to do it? thanks tim Edman Series IIA 109

I'm working on the same project, check out the Rovers North catalog, they have a basic diagram.
pb

JackIIA
10-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Wow, I can't believe I couldn't find a quick pic of a tire mounted on a IIA to make this clearer.

In any event, you should have 2 "L" shaped mounting brackets and 2 mounting bolts. The short end of the L bracket will sit closest to the bonnet, with the long end pointing up toward you.

Each bolt feeds through the hole of the bracket and into one of the holes in the pie plate in the center of your bonnet.

Loosely fit the two brackets and bolts opposite each other in the pie plate.

Put the spare on the bonnet.

Swivel the brackets so the short stub at the end of the L bracket is riding over the spare's inside rim. Now tighten down each bolt.

You'll see that as you do that, the pressure of the spare against the bolt and bracket will angle that bolt/bracket just enough to create tension to hold it in place.

If you have the extra post, lucky you. That's for putting a padlock through so no one walks off with your spare.