PDA

View Full Version : sinking feeling in the seat!

jsaw88
10-16-2010, 07:16 PM
What the heck happened to my truck's seat? I was driving and all the sudden the seat started acting like a ballon deflating. I sank several inches with out hearing anything snapping or breaking. Now the center section of the driver's seat is all sagged out and absolutely uncomfortable. C'mon I weight 165 soaking wet. This should be happening! I have searched around a little for a replacement but am not seeing any so far. This is a plain ol manual vinyl covered model in tan. What holds up the seat cushion? Thanks for looking and any help would be great.

luckyjoe
10-18-2010, 08:29 AM
There is a mesh panel glued to webbing at the outer edges - this supports the seat base cushion. After a decade or so the adhesive joining the mesh/webbing gives up. You could probably spend wads of cash to replace it, but I found you can lace it up like a shoe with nylon cord. Don't lace it too tight or the seat will feel too firm.

This is an easy, low-to-no-cost fix.

Regards,

jsaw88
10-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Lucky
Thanks so much for the advice. When I crammed my head under the seat from the rear footwell, I could see that webbing you are talking about hanging down. I will definately lace it up someway. Thanks again!

msggunny
10-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Just did mine with 550 cord. works like a charm.