PDA

View Full Version : Anyone selling/have a lead on a series?

Wander
10-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I was contacted about selling my IIa but I just can't part with her so I'm trying to help the guy find a good series. He is interested in a 88 and a IIa but if it's a good III don't hold back. I don't know what his budget is but something he could drive while doing the little projects/maintenance would be good. The guy is in NC so something in the mid-atlantic/southeast would be great.

crankin
10-29-2010, 08:26 AM
I was contacted about selling my IIa but I just can't part with her so I'm trying to help the guy find a good series. He is interested in a 88 and a IIa but if it's a good III don't hold back. I don't know what his budget is but something he could drive while doing the little projects/maintenance would be good. The guy is in NC so something in the mid-atlantic/southeast would be great.

Well, I have a 1972 SIII 88...new frame, new paint, paras, new interior, etc...
All that needs to be done is to replace the seals on the rear.

Like you said you don't know the budget....but if the price is right, I'll sell.

siii8873
10-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Wander,
ther is a guy in NC, Nic something, that has been trying to sell what seemed to be a very nice SIII. I was considering it but to far away.
One small isuue it had was a leaking rear main seal. I'll try to find a contact if interested.

BackInA88
10-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Maybe for the right price.

71 IIa 88 LHD
Came out of Arizona solid original frame with no rust thru anywhere.

IIa trans rebuilt with III gears for full syncro trans but still uses the IIa bellhousing.
Dual tanks that switch over from a toggle switch on the dash which also switches the gas gauge over to the tank you are using.
New OEM right wing that needs a little work before installing, I have not done it yet because I don't want to loose my nice patina of my 40 year old paint.
Spare parts like axles shafts, radiator, trans and t-case parts, some rear amber turn signals, fuel pump, water pump, unused rebuilt Lucas alternator, etc
Bulkhead and floors solid.
There is a piece of sheetmetal over the right side foot well that looks like at some time in the past it had a different heater and now have a Smiths.
Webber card I still have the Zenith
Electic radiator fan, pusher
New 4 core radiator
New window tracks
Electronic distributor have original.
New seals in the streering box, relay, axles, trans and t-case but I still get a drop when parked. Shifter rods?
Swivels balls are nice and I installed new gaiters over them.
Engine is not original, it is a military rebuild by BREL and runs great. So it has dual belts and 8 blade fan which I am not running as I have the electric.
And I am still running the generator.
Overdrive and can run 70+ on the flat.
Headliner replaced but not with an OEM material.
New OEM washer pump, have you priced one of these!!!
Carter electric fuel pump.
And there is more and I have reciepts.
Steve

jac04
10-29-2010, 11:43 AM
There is a Vehicles Wanted section in the Marketplace. That's a good place for the guy to post a wanted ad. ;) If he's looking for a Lightweight and has a bunch of money to spend, send him my way.

Wander
10-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Dang Steve, that IIa sounds nice!

Any pics-heck I just want to see it.

I will pass these along to the guy, thanks for the replies.

rickv100
10-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Search tempest reveals quite a few 88's for sale around the country.

I search using LAND ROVER SERIES -DISCOVERY as my search phrase.

Not quite ready to buy yet(hence no wanted listing) but I am keeping my eyes out for a S2A or S3 LHD 109 ex-MOD. Seems like more 88's then 109's out there at the moment.

R

Eric W S
10-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Search tempest reveals quite a few 88's for sale around the country.

I search using LAND ROVER SERIES -DISCOVERY as my search phrase.

Not quite ready to buy yet(hence no wanted listing) but I am keeping my eyes out for a S2A or S3 LHD 109 ex-MOD. Seems like more 88's then 109's out there at the moment.

R

Why are you searching for Discoveries?

www.landroverexchange.com (http://www.landroverexchange.com), this bbs, and guns and rovers and you have all places you'd need to look for a decent series rover. eblag is dodgy at best....

EwS

rickv100
10-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Eric,

I am not searching for discovery's in the search engine when you place a - sign in front of a word it excludes it from the search results.

Go to any search engine online and type LAND ROVER SERIES and most of your results will be for Series 1 or Series 2 Discoveries adding the -Discovery excludes them from my results.

I also check the sites you have mentioned.

Thanks,

Rick

mongoswede
10-29-2010, 07:23 PM
There is a website called www.crazedlist.org that lets you search all the craigslist's for items. it might be the same thing as Temptest but in a different format...not sure, have not used temptest.

BackInA88
10-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Dang Steve, that IIa sounds nice!

Any pics-heck I just want to see it.

I will pass these along to the guy, thanks for the replies.

Tell me if this works.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/slouzon/Land%20Rover/

Steve

mongoswede
10-29-2010, 07:47 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/slouzon/Land%20Rover/LandRover009-1.jpg
Tell me if this works.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/slouzon/Land%20Rover/

Steve

BackInA88
10-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Could you see all the pictures on photobucket?

Steve

Wander
10-29-2010, 08:34 PM
I can, she's a beauty Steve. I like how the dual tanks there own fillers on either side, I think that is the first time I've seen that.

I sent the buyer a link to this thread so keep them coming.

czenkov
10-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Heres one in Va. If you don't mind RHD.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50191

Eric W S
11-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Eric,

I am not searching for discovery's in the search engine when you place a - sign in front of a word it excludes it from the search results.

Go to any search engine online and type LAND ROVER SERIES and most of your results will be for Series 1 or Series 2 Discoveries adding the -Discovery excludes them from my results.

I also check the sites you have mentioned.

Thanks,

Rick

Never had the problem you describe with extraneous results?