PDA

View Full Version : a difficult choice

kwd509
10-29-2010, 04:15 PM
My donor vehicle has arrived. It has a great body- Just what my family vehicle lacks. They are really quite complimentary Mine has a rough body up front but a solid frame and the bulkhead is pretty good, better than the donor. The donor is beautiful to look at, and so the body work can/should go to mine. The donor looks like it will need a rear frame member...... But I am having second thoughts about rendering the donor a pile of parts by plundering it completely. Perhaps there is a way to get the rare parts I need for mine, while not taking everything I need from the donor. I recognize this might cost me some extra $....... BUT IF, for example the donor has aftermarket parts, perhaps I can avoid them, leaving the vehicle more intact.

I had contemplated taking the donor breakfast since it looks great and mine is rusted..... Should I go to the trouble of refinishing my breakfast and reinstalling it in the donor?

Two rovers creates too many possibilities. I want to do right by them. Thoughts? Advice?

JackIIA
10-29-2010, 04:33 PM
You're losing me a bit. If the rear is pretty good on yours, as well as the bulkhead...why not just switch out the wings and breakfast? You could even switch out the tubs if it made sense. Leave the rest of the vehicle intact, reduce the price for it's battered body, and sell it. That would give you what you need without canabalizing the thing. I think you'd make afew more bucks too, selling a complete, running vehicle rather than the odd collection of parts you see on craigslist, you know the one...

"Selling for a friend. Car mostly there, just in parts. Needs engine, axles, and brakes. Bring boxes."

kwd509
10-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah I guess I was getting impractical, hoping to find a way to have and keep two rovers......