PDA

View Full Version : defender 110 on Top Gear

farmerdave
11-01-2010, 12:49 AM
If you are looking for a good laugh, watch the Top Gear camper challenge on the BBC or Youtube. The guys have to make homemade campers and one of them is a Defender 110. The other two are a Citroen and a Lotus.

Top Gear is the highest rated show in the world, by the way.

smukai
11-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Great episode!

Did you notice that there is an American Top Gear being produced right now? I'm hoping we don't completely ruin the show....

Wander
11-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Great episode!

Did you notice that there is an American Top Gear being produced right now? I'm hoping we don't completely ruin the show....

It probably will but we'll still have BBC America and/or the internet.

I loved Hampster's 110 conversion, his Roverholic side came out. The "privy" on the pass side that dropped to the ground through the seat box was hilarious.

farmerdave
11-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Great episode!

It would be pretty tough to match the British one. The banter between the three guys is hilarious!

My favorite part of this episode is when the Citroen falls over in the wind.
Dave

smukai
11-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Have you heard about the Dacia Sandero?

73series88
11-02-2010, 11:29 AM
That had to one of the funniest top gears ive ever watched.
do you remember Junk yard wars. sadly thay did chop up atlot of rovers for there projects. they moved the show to the states and ruined it. just lost it's charm.
imho
aaron

RoverForm
11-02-2010, 11:53 AM
found it.

http://videos.sapo.pt/VNIGPgkpSNRhRhupEJw8

mongoswede
11-02-2010, 12:48 PM
I recommend searching "top gear bolivia" on youtube. There is a range rover in the episode which is 6 parts long on youtube...also the video is reversed so all the writing is backwards (clever trick to get around copyright issues)...but still a great episode.

NickDawson
11-02-2010, 04:47 PM
I recommend searching "top gear bolivia" on youtube. There is a range rover in the episode which is 6 parts long on youtube...also the video is reversed so all the writing is backwards (clever trick to get around copyright issues)...but still a great episode.

I've re-watched it more times than I can count! Love the chop shop section in the middle. If you have Netflix it is streamable in its entirety there.

For the true anglophiles, or booze hounds, among us, James May has done 3 "road trip" shows with Oz Clarke - one was through california Wine country, one through France and one in the UK. Very similar style to Top Gear, slightly different subject matter.