PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Box Location in a Series III 109"

MbogoRover
11-05-2010, 12:08 AM
I fully realize I am a newbie to Rovers but I am trying to learn but I'll be if I can find the fuse box location in my Series III 109"?

One front blinker (directional) and one rear blinker light aren't working so I replaced the bulbs and they still don't work so I figured it might be a fuse but I can't find the fuse box LOL I see where extra fuses are stored under the steering wheel on the column but where is the fuse box?

scatterling
11-05-2010, 04:59 AM
That is the fuse box.
Start by checking the grounds at the lights, make sure all the terminals are clean and tight.

Wander
11-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Don't feel bad, no one is used to something with the minimalist electrical system as a series truck. The problem is most likely a dirty connection or bad ground, luckily there isn't much to check!

amcordo
11-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Fuse box? In a Land Rover? Ha!

Yeah there's only four. Kind of scary.

All of those lamps have ground leads coming out of them that attach to the body somewhere. Unscrew the ground leads at that location, sand both them and the location that they attach to on the body, smear dielectric grease on the connection and the location on the frame to which you screw them in. Then screw them back in. Viola, it'll work again. You can get that grease in the auto department at supermarkets.

MbogoRover
11-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Thank you everyone for the help and wow - only 4 fuses and they are just under the steering column! Well maybe this will be a good thing for a novice mechanic and Rover owner like me :)

I appreciate the tips on what the likely causes are for the failed blinkers and will work on it as soon as possible but due to some other commitments it's going to be a few weeks before I can crawl around my new love again :(