PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Grill

ducttape
11-14-2010, 07:18 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-Series-Stainless-Steel-Front-Radiator-Grille-/260678428937?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb1a52909

Is it me or does any one else think the plastic on the SIII is really, really tacky?

FYI, I have nothing to do with this guy. In fact, I don't even have an SIII any more. But I do wish I had seen him a while back.

David

jac04
11-14-2010, 07:47 AM
IMO, the stainless grille is much more tacky.

JackIIA
11-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Great idea. But definitely needs to be '3-dimensional' in my mind rather than flat cutout in the same shape as the original.

ducttape
11-14-2010, 05:30 PM
One of the things I always liked about the II was the metal grill. I think you are right, the stainless wouldn't work. But perhaps galvanizing.

Oh, heck, I drive a IIa now. I don't care!

txffjim
11-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Doesn't this solve the 'eating galvanized metal for breakfast' issue?
Wonder if he could make one with a grease trap so I could lower my cholesterol.

NickDawson
11-14-2010, 09:41 PM

Awesome!
I'd also like to see a non-stick version. don't get me wrong, I can cook eggs on cast iron, but really who doesnt love teflon!?

msggunny
11-15-2010, 07:06 AM
Just get it powder-coated black.

mongoswede
11-15-2010, 08:38 AM
I vote for the wire version. If you want to do your own stainless, aluminum, titanium etc grill we can always draw one up in AutoCad and give the DFX/DWG drawing to a place that does water jet cutting. Pretty simple...or if its steel you might go to a laser cutter too. Either way lots of possibilities to make your own parts. Could cut something out that looks similar to the wire.

TedW
11-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Roverdrive makes a really nice galvy replacement grille. Or you could always go with an original wire one from a late IIA.

yorker
11-16-2010, 07:54 AM

Using a frying pan solves that. It also helps keep the scrambled eggs from falling through the grill. :thumb-up:

robert wood
11-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Roverdrive does not make the nice galvanized grill. Roverdrive only makes overdrives www.roverdrives.com The galvanized metal grill is made by Rocky Mountain now a separate company parabolicsprings.com Both are in West Vancouver hence the confusion