X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stonefox
    4th Gear
    • Jul 2010

Rovers North Catalog

Does anybody have an old Rovers North catalog lying around ? I'm referring to the old catalog not the Rovers Magazine. I heard they are not printing them anymore.
    Sean
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
    1970 88"
    1971 88"
    authenticstoneworks.com
  • msggunny
    5th Gear
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by stonefox
    Does anybody have an old Rovers North catalog lying around ? I'm referring to the old catalog not the Rovers Magazine. I heard they are not printing them anymore.

I have one, its for the series/defenders.
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

Comment

• SafeAirOne
      Overdrive
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by stonefox
      Does anybody have an old Rovers North catalog lying around ? I heard they are not printing them anymore.

Did you hear that from RN?
      --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
      (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Comment

• Erik B
        RN Sales Team
        • May 2006

Good morning, we no longer print the catalog for Series and Defenders or the Discovery and Range Rover. We have moved those to our web site. We do send out the Rovers News every 6 to 8 weeks, which is a news letter and catalog combined.

Comment

• jac04
          Overdrive
          • Feb 2007

Stonefox- sent you a PM.

Comment

• alaskajosh
            2nd Gear
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Erik B
            Good morning, we no longer print the catalog for Series and Defenders or the Discovery and Range Rover. We have moved those to our web site. We do send out the Rovers News every 6 to 8 weeks, which is a news letter and catalog combined.
            BAD NEWS!!

A hard copy catalog/reference is one thing that set RN apart and made me more likely to do business with them. Web catalogs, no matter how good, are clumsy by comparison. Going to a web catalog was a big reason I quit working with the big outfit in CA... I guess the playing field is leveled again now.

Comment

• yorker
              Overdrive
              • Nov 2006

God that sucks, the web catalog is useless when I am on the road or in the garage.
              1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Comment

• mongoswede
                5th Gear
                • May 2010

The news/catalogs...while not as good as the full catalog are pretty good. The great thing about a catalog is that you can look through it and you often see things that you might buy that you otherwise do not see online. Online I am looking for something specific and I go for it alone. Catalog seems like a better chance for side sales.

Even a single catalog with a seperate price list would be good. That way as prices and availability change you could just update the price list while the main catalog would only get updated once a year.

Comment

• bkreutz
                  4th Gear
                  • Apr 2010

Last spring, when I was placing an order, I asked about a printed catalog, they said they stopped printing them but would look around and see if they could find an old one lying around. They did and sent it to me with a sticker on the front that said "This is only for reference, part numbers and prices may no longer be valid". Might not hurt to call and ask. Maybe they still have some on a shelf in the warehouse. (only for reference though)
                  Gale Breitkreutz
                  '03 Disco
                  '74 Series III 88 (sold, 4/13)
                  '47 CJ2A

Comment

• alaskajosh
                    2nd Gear
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by mongoswede
                    The great thing about a catalog is that you can look through it and you often see things that you might buy that you otherwise do not see online. Online I am looking for something specific and I go for it alone. Catalog seems like a better chance for side sales.
                    This is just the point I wanted to make. I'll frequently thumb through the catalog, with nothing particular in mind, looking for things I "need". I'd never do this on a website... in fact, when I do have something specific in mind, I usually can't find it on the website... that's probably just me... but I can turn right to it in the print catalog.

If something has to go I'd prefer to do without the "News" thing. I like it very much but I'd rather see the limited budget spent on a good print catalog/reference. Even if it only came out every other year, or even less frequently, with an understanding of changing prices.

Comment

• Cutter
                      4th Gear
                      • Feb 2009

I wonder if the demand is there if they could SELL a printed catalog without prices or with prices as reference only each year- could almost be a collectors item of sorts, contains all the articles from the magazine in a more permanent format. Not hard cover but on nicer paper. The feller who does the nice paintings/drawings of rigs could do a cover etc.

Just a thought. Probably wouldn't make much money.

Comment

• stonefox
                        4th Gear
                        • Jul 2010

Well I guess everybodys in the same boat.I would surely buy one ,hell I'd take an old one with coffee cup stains on it.
                        I'm no marketing genius ,but I know I would definately buy more out of a catalog,if nothing else my extra purchases would probably pay for the printing costs.
                        I'm sure we all get a Northern Tool & Equipment catalog,I thumb threw mine at least once a week.I buy something at least once a month out of it just because its there.
                        Anyway, if anybody has a old stack of these on the back of their toilet,I'd sure love a hard copy.
                        Sean
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
                        1970 88"
                        1971 88"
                        authenticstoneworks.com

Comment

• siii8873
                          Overdrive
                          • Jul 2007

Stonefox,
                          have you found a catalog? If not PM me.
                          THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
                          THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
                          THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
                          THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
                          THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
                          THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

Comment

• RoverForm
                            3rd Gear
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Erik B
                            so then is there a difference between the Rovers North 'magazine', 'catalog' and 'news? Is the Magazine the same as the catalog?

If so, then that means that this: http://www.roversnorth.com/store/t-downloadsrnnews.aspx is not available in print?

Comment

• morgant
                              1st Gear
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by RoverForm
                              so then is there a difference between the Rovers North 'magazine', 'catalog' and 'news? Is the Magazine the same as the catalog?

If so, then that means that this: http://www.roversnorth.com/store/t-downloadsrnnews.aspx is not available in print?
                              "The Rovers North News" was renamed to "Rovers Magazine" sometime in the last year or so. It is still a magazine & catalog combo. The link you provided is to the electronic edition of "Rovers Magazine", but they still send out print copies.

The catalog they're referring to was the comprehensive catalog for Series/Defender Rovers that they also used to offer. It seems I must've gotten one of the last ones as well when I bought my truck a year and a half ago. It's a nearly indispensable part of my growing repair book collection as it's ideal for quickly flipping through for parts, names, and where things are.
                              rikuwoiku — to travel overland.
                              1982 Series III 88" (RHD w/2.8L Daihatsu diesel)
                              2002 Discovery II SE

CentreSteer.com — A podcast by, for, and about Land Rover owners. (Panelist & Content Producer)

SeriesParts.com — A master list of parts, part suppliers (our gracious hosts included), and repair shops for Series Land Rovers.

Comment

Working...