PDA

View Full Version : Inertial Reel mounting for front 3 point belt

Cutter
11-20-2010, 01:35 PM
I have 3 point inertial belts for the driver and passenger that came from the PO uninstalled. I've had them installed since I took ownership, however I wasn't able to determine where the reels mounted- I have a 2 door 109 with a full length hard top. I have the stalks, seat box and shoulder mounted correctly, this much I know. I ended up mounting the coils behind the seat on the folded lip of sheet metal on the seat base, not at all proper. To remedy this, I just ordered from our hosts the hardware for mounting the coils, however it is lacking in clear instructions as to where it actually goes. The brackets are 2 part affairs, and are also huge, not at all what I was expecting.

Below is the print out they sent- it shows a pop rivet and 2 bolts attaching the larger, lower L-bracket. Does this attach to the bulkhead, and if so, where? I was under the impression the coil actually went behind the bulkhead in the load area somehow. Does anyone have this setup, or a different one, and can lend some advice. I wouldn't mind an alternative as these brackets were quite pricey for what they do, and seems like there could be a simpler method to attaching the coil to something sturdy.

http://www.kaijustudios.com/cutter/coil_mount.jpg

rejeep
11-20-2010, 04:37 PM
I mounted my reels on the back side of the seat box close to, if not totally on the door pillar..
I made a backing plate as an anchor spot..

siiirhd88
11-20-2010, 06:45 PM
I believe the brackets with the two studs are to be mounted below the tub with the studs coming up thru the flat area of the tub just behind the seat box. The vertical part of the bracket is bolted to the vertical section of the tub.

The retractor bracket is then attached onto the two studs by nuts.

Bob

disco2hse
11-20-2010, 08:52 PM
This is what mine looks like from inside. It is attached through the floor of the bulkhead.

That is the rear of the seat box to the right.

Cutter
11-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the information and photo guys, I'll go see if I can figure that out now.

Cutter
11-21-2010, 07:03 PM
A little update, the brackets that mount under the tub that I got from our hosts don't fit my truck (maybe the 2.6 frame is different in that spot), they are just a bit too tall to fit where they are supposed to and the holes that align with the frame outrigger are a 3/8"" too low. I'm fabricating my own up now out of steel, which hopefully will do the trick. I assumed it would be an all day job since drilling was involved, but it looks like it will be a bit longer. Good news is I can send the expensive parts back.