PDA

View Full Version : 97 Discovery V8i fuel system problems.......

surveyor
11-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Good morning all !

Trying to troubleshoot fuel pump problems. Pump is not coming on. Does anyone have a pdf of the wiring related to the relays and the fuel pump? Trying to determine if pump is getting power but not sure what the four wires going into pump on top are. I would imagine two are for pump and probably other two are for fuel gauge ?

Thanks in advance !

Doug Lewis
surveyor3209@yahoo.com
Faison, NC

Les Parker
11-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Hello there,

Try this :-

surveyor
11-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Thank you Les !

Doug

Les Parker
11-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Let me know how you get on with the issue.

:)

surveyor
11-24-2010, 03:40 PM
OK......had multiple issues going on. Thanks to everyones help......and thorough cleaning of some connectors...... I now have eliminated fuse, relay and inertia switch as being the culprits. I am getting power to the fuel pump and it is definitely not coming on at all. Unhooked fuel line upstream of fuel filter to confrm no fuel being pumped.

Soooooo............what is the groups experience........replace whole pump assembly or just the pump body cartridge ?

Thanks,

Doug

surveyor
11-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys for all your help!!!!

Ended up taking a chance on using the part number E3270 fuel pump from Auto Zone ($ 80) and the part number FS1 fuel strainer from Auto Zone ($ 10) to rebuild my original fuel pump assembly. I ended up having to replace the original corrugated fuel line that ran from the top of the pump to the fuel outlet nipple at the top of the assembley with a piece of flexible 5/16" fuel line due to the outlet nipple on the new fuel pump being a hair smaller than the original.....but other than that it was a painless swap.

So for $ 90 dollars (plus tax) and about an hour of my time pulling out the assembly, replacing the pump & reinstalling the assembly I am back on the road. Haven't checked my fuel pressure at the rail yet but she fired right up and has been running smooth as silk ever since!

Again thanks for everyone's help. Ya'll have a great weekend.....I'm headed out to put her on the beach for a little surf fishing !

Doug