PDA

View Full Version : 1958 Series II pickup

Skookumchuck
11-23-2010, 03:55 PM
I just bought a 1958 series truck, the box is a bit beat up on the rear quarter panels are there replacement panels available? If not I might just put a flatdeck on it.

mongoswede
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
I just bought a 1958 series truck, the box is a bit beat up on the rear quarter panels are there replacement panels available? If not I might just put a flatdeck on it.

not sure if there are any panels available. You might have better lucky just replacing the whole tub structure..it will certainely be less work then having to drill out all the rivets and spot welds and then doing all the reattachement work.

leafsprung
11-23-2010, 11:01 PM
might be some quarters NOS coming available

Skookumchuck
11-24-2010, 01:54 PM
how much work is there in replacing the rear tub? I will take a couple of pictures of the rear damage and post them to see your more experinced opinions as to which route to take. Thanks in advance

mongoswede
11-24-2010, 02:26 PM
how much work is there in replacing the rear tub? I will take a couple of pictures of the rear damage and post them to see your more experinced opinions as to which route to take. Thanks in advance

Its still a fair amount of effort to swap tubs but its all removing bolts and then replacing them and realigning body parts. I took my 73 body down to the frame using an assortment of wrenches, sockets, and drill bits. The chordless drill came into play when a bolt was siezed...it was faster and easier to just drill the heads off a lot of bolts.