PDA

View Full Version : Size of engine bolts for 2.5 NA?

fred98050
11-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Finally got my engine stand... I need some help finding the size of the engine bolts needed to secure a 2.5L NA to the stand.

Thank you.

Frederic

SafeAirOne
11-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Finally got my engine stand... I need some help finding the size of the engine bolts needed to secure a 2.5L NA to the stand.

Thank you.

Frederic

I'll see if I can find the bolts I used. I'm pretty sure they were metric.

Are you going to hang it from the flywheel housing or the block itself?

Either way, I think the threads are the same, so you might just take out one of the flywheel housing-to-bellhousing studs and get bolts with that thread pitch.

fred98050
11-27-2010, 01:59 PM
I'll see if I can find the bolts I used. I'm pretty sure they were metric.

Are you going to hang it from the flywheel housing or the block itself?

Either way, I think the threads are the same, so you might just take out one of the flywheel housing-to-bellhousing studs and get bolts with that thread pitch.

If you find the size of the bolts you used let me know. Would be great.

Don't know yet how I am going to hang it. I need to be able able to run the engine once hanged.Never done anything like this before. I am looking forward to it though...

Thanks

Frederic

SafeAirOne
11-28-2010, 01:04 PM

OK---They're M10 x 1.5 thread pitch. Use whatever length you need, of course...

fred98050
11-28-2010, 05:50 PM
OK---They're M10 x 1.5 thread pitch. Use whatever length you need, of course...

Thank you very much.

Frederic

LA3
11-28-2010, 10:32 PM

Don't know yet how I am going to hang it. I need to be able able to run the engine once hanged.Never done anything like this before. I am looking forward to it though...

Thanks

Frederic
Not to sure about the running it on an engine stand idea. If you are only supporting it from the rear, please have someone film it.

Terrys
11-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Not to sure about the running it on an engine stand idea. If you are only supporting it from the rear, please have someone film it.
Yeah, I can't say I think that's too good an idea either.

fred98050
11-29-2010, 09:51 AM

I need to do some work on the engine first. When ready to run I'll have support at the engine mount as well. Then, engine mount support off, and back to fix a few more things (I am sure)....